Why you shouldn't purchase the iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by cereal killer, Jan 11, 2011.

1. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    +1. It's like people are suggesting that the iPhone sucks, but they have a huge following because everyone wants to be cool. That everyone is miserable with their crappy phone and tolerate it because it's an iPhone. Statements like that are as dumb as they come.

2. jkhonea

jkhonea DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    I understand that. But if the new phone does carry the new OS, do you not think it will also go to the 4? Also, like I said, the other thing I am wanting to avoid, actually, is the possibility of going LTE. I actually want to lock in 3G for the moment. I may wait, but this is actually her phone so I will let her make the decision. The odds of there being enough difference between the 4 and 5 to her, since this will be her first real smartphone, is doubtful.

Also, it is a gamble about Verizon getting the 5 in June/July. They may, but I would almost bet more that they don't. Really hard to say.

3. modified

modified Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm getting it asap. Tired of Android, sick of it in fact.

The plan is simple. Getting the iPhone on Feb 3rd and loving it for 5 straight months. After the release of iPhone 5 (hopefully LTE) I will give this iPhone to a family member while upgrading to the new one for myself. :)

4. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2,429
    I agree that apple makes a good product as far as hardware. I can not think of any other piece of equipment hardware wise on a smartphone that is made with the quality of apple. The operating system is what some are not a fan of. I personally life some things from apple but for the most part perfer the android operating system. I would like a device built to the quality of apple with the android os and I am not talking about the youtube video of the iphone dual booted to run gb.

5. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2,429
    You may be right that they may only have an iphone 4 for vzw because apple has been working on a 4g phone but released this right now so people could buy it (their words not mine).

6. jkhonea

Ratings:
    +20
    You're completely right on that. I have no doubt that they have been working on the 4G phone. What I'm saying is whether they will do a bracketed release, sending it to AT&T first and then Verizon second. And also, Verizon has said the LTE won't be completely up and running until either 2013 or 2014, I believe. This is the stopgap for those without LTE, I think. Could be wrong. Wouldn't be a first nor will it be a last.

7. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,102
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    correct. I'm not saying the iPhone is subpar equipment or less than any other devices or that the fans are sheeple lol.

I was saying that Apple fans will snatch up anything made by Apple simply because Apple makes it. Be it because of marketing, quality product, brand loyalty whatever. It doesn't matter. If it has an Apple on it they are there. They are loyal fans and love anything Apple. Again nothing wrong with that

Now if you want to talk about the hardcore user base of Apple and their products. Meaning the fanatics like us who frequent forums and such. Thats a whole other thing : )

There are fans and there are Sheeple. I was talking about the fans.

Apologies for the unclarity of my post.

8. Detonation

Detonation Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Don't forgot all the people that just buy Apple products for the image and care nothing about the technology. I remember a while ago when I looking at Zune HD vs Ipod Touch discussions, and someone said to get the ipod touch because "you'd be more popular, its a symbol of luxury and wealth, like a designer purse." Nothing about features. Granted this was probably a 13 year old girl, but still, this is the mindset of a lot of apple product buyers.

9. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I guarantee not even 5% of android users (and that's being generous) know about the technology.

10. cereal killer

Ratings:
    +1,102
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    I just saw this : (

Exactly what I was trying to convey. Another example is the iPad. Over a year old technology wrapped in a big shiny new package.

11. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    yep its just what consumers do, both apple and android. hype sells more things then specs ever will...that's just the way of the world.

the sheep/genius thing is definitely nonexistent though. i can point out plenty of android "sheep" too if that were the case!

12. cereal killer

Ratings:
    +1,102
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    The sheeple are little more obnoxious than the geniuses though. You can't deny that one.

With Antennae Gate the sheeple really shined like all-stars.

13. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I think they're are plenty of obnoxious people on both ends haha...if an android phone had antenna gate do you think android users wouldn't act the same way? this forum itself should give you some clues about how android users would act! :icon_eek:

14. jkhonea

Ratings:
    +20
    And the Android tablets still have just as many detriments to them.

15. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    I agree.

I would say, just like I say whenever a new Android phone is coming out in a few months....

Wait.

Wait just to have another choice. Choice is good.

I would like to add to the ppl that say the hatred for Apple here baffles me.....well it is an Android forum. I can guarantee if we go and visit some iPhone related forums there would be hatred for Android. Are some of yall suggesting there is no hate for Android on iPhone related forums?

Cmon ppl. Its not rocket science. Also, there are gonna be fanboys of ANY product. There are fanboys for certain sport teams, cars, consoles, etc.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011