Why you shouldn't purchase the iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by cereal killer, Jan 11, 2011.

1. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Mindless sheep? No idea how you came to that conclusion. If I were to think they were mindless sheep I would say so : )

I'm saying that they are set in their ways. It's not a bad thing. It's just the way a lot of them are. You or I would hear of the new XYZ handset and consider it most Apple fans would not even consider it. Why? Because it's not made by Apple.

Talk to an Apple fan outside of the forums and you will see what I'm talking about. They are not sheeple they are simply VERY Apple loyal.
  2. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

My distaste is for Apple, not the products they release.

I will not hate on the phone, but Apple will change the way VZW operates. :(
  3. cereal killer

Nope it's a play on names : ) he got burned
  4. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

I think you missing the point of his thread....if you go buy an iphone 4 now it will be like buying that tv on black friday. I was about to buy my bro an iphone 4 for christmas and he said wait for the iphone 5 being it will be a new os and a much improved device. SO if he (an apple fan) knows to wait, maybe other may want to make SURE the iphone 5 is not around the corner....cuz whether its an iphone 4 or and iphone 5 u are stuck on a 2 yr contract and if 2 to 3 months is all that stood in the way of getting a newer device then why not wait unless you like the design of the iphone 4.
  5. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

You said it yourself, a loyal following? How do you develop a loyal following? It's not by delivering crappy product, I can tell you that much. I know you personally have never said that apple delivers a bad product but many people here truly feel that way. Apple fans are not sheep they simply know they can go buy an apple product and have it work very well. I have had my Mac since 2007 and it runs as well today as it did when I bought it. No windows computer I have ever owned has lasted that long without performing major surgery on it. I am no where near a computer genius but I am also not anywhere near the village idiot, so for those who like to throw out the "user error" card, leave it alone. I wouldn't trade my D1 for an iPhone because I have grown to love Android but my phone overclocked to the max still can't even touch the smoothness of the iPhone. But for me that is not a big enough draw to switch. So in the end when apple releases a product the consumer knows they can rely on that product to be made very well. Doesn't mean it's the best but it will definitely be good.

The hatred towards Apple by people here will always just baffle me in ways that I can't explain. It's amazing what people allow to affect their lives.
  6. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

+1. It's like people are suggesting that the iPhone sucks, but they have a huge following because everyone wants to be cool. That everyone is miserable with their crappy phone and tolerate it because it's an iPhone. Statements like that are as dumb as they come.
  7. jkhonea

jkhonea DF Super Moderator

I understand that. But if the new phone does carry the new OS, do you not think it will also go to the 4? Also, like I said, the other thing I am wanting to avoid, actually, is the possibility of going LTE. I actually want to lock in 3G for the moment. I may wait, but this is actually her phone so I will let her make the decision. The odds of there being enough difference between the 4 and 5 to her, since this will be her first real smartphone, is doubtful.

Also, it is a gamble about Verizon getting the 5 in June/July. They may, but I would almost bet more that they don't. Really hard to say.
  8. modified

modified New Member

I'm getting it asap. Tired of Android, sick of it in fact.

The plan is simple. Getting the iPhone on Feb 3rd and loving it for 5 straight months. After the release of iPhone 5 (hopefully LTE) I will give this iPhone to a family member while upgrading to the new one for myself. :)
  9. pc747

I agree that apple makes a good product as far as hardware. I can not think of any other piece of equipment hardware wise on a smartphone that is made with the quality of apple. The operating system is what some are not a fan of. I personally life some things from apple but for the most part perfer the android operating system. I would like a device built to the quality of apple with the android os and I am not talking about the youtube video of the iphone dual booted to run gb.
  10. pc747

You may be right that they may only have an iphone 4 for vzw because apple has been working on a 4g phone but released this right now so people could buy it (their words not mine).
  11. jkhonea

You're completely right on that. I have no doubt that they have been working on the 4G phone. What I'm saying is whether they will do a bracketed release, sending it to AT&T first and then Verizon second. And also, Verizon has said the LTE won't be completely up and running until either 2013 or 2014, I believe. This is the stopgap for those without LTE, I think. Could be wrong. Wouldn't be a first nor will it be a last.
  12. cereal killer

correct. I'm not saying the iPhone is subpar equipment or less than any other devices or that the fans are sheeple lol.

I was saying that Apple fans will snatch up anything made by Apple simply because Apple makes it. Be it because of marketing, quality product, brand loyalty whatever. It doesn't matter. If it has an Apple on it they are there. They are loyal fans and love anything Apple. Again nothing wrong with that

Now if you want to talk about the hardcore user base of Apple and their products. Meaning the fanatics like us who frequent forums and such. Thats a whole other thing : )

There are fans and there are Sheeple. I was talking about the fans.

Apologies for the unclarity of my post.
  13. Detonation

Detonation New Member

Don't forgot all the people that just buy Apple products for the image and care nothing about the technology. I remember a while ago when I looking at Zune HD vs Ipod Touch discussions, and someone said to get the ipod touch because "you'd be more popular, its a symbol of luxury and wealth, like a designer purse." Nothing about features. Granted this was probably a 13 year old girl, but still, this is the mindset of a lot of apple product buyers.
  14. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

I guarantee not even 5% of android users (and that's being generous) know about the technology.
  15. cereal killer

I just saw this : (

Exactly what I was trying to convey. Another example is the iPad. Over a year old technology wrapped in a big shiny new package.
  16. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

yep its just what consumers do, both apple and android. hype sells more things then specs ever will...that's just the way of the world.

the sheep/genius thing is definitely nonexistent though. i can point out plenty of android "sheep" too if that were the case!
  17. cereal killer

The sheeple are little more obnoxious than the geniuses though. You can't deny that one.

With Antennae Gate the sheeple really shined like all-stars.
  18. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

I think they're are plenty of obnoxious people on both ends haha...if an android phone had antenna gate do you think android users wouldn't act the same way? this forum itself should give you some clues about how android users would act! :icon_eek:
  19. jkhonea

And the Android tablets still have just as many detriments to them.
  20. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I agree.

I would say, just like I say whenever a new Android phone is coming out in a few months....

Wait.

Wait just to have another choice. Choice is good.

I would like to add to the ppl that say the hatred for Apple here baffles me.....well it is an Android forum. I can guarantee if we go and visit some iPhone related forums there would be hatred for Android. Are some of yall suggesting there is no hate for Android on iPhone related forums?

Cmon ppl. Its not rocket science. Also, there are gonna be fanboys of ANY product. There are fanboys for certain sport teams, cars, consoles, etc.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011