Why you shouldn't purchase the iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by cereal killer, Jan 11, 2011.

1. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    oh, yeah, i understand that. but at this point, the iphone 4 is pretty much set as far as specs go. and i don't see how it can even compare to a dual core for download speeds, processing speed, transitioning in/out of apps, etc. maybe i'll be proven wrong.

2. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +915
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    Because the iPhone crowd don't really think about devices like we do. They see Apple and buy it right away. Why? Because it says Apple.

Android users on the other hand in general look at the entire picture and will buy the best hardware and features be it one manufacturer or another.

That iPhone you tube video pretty much sums up the whole thing. They are set in their ways and wont listen to anything else. They want their iPhones and that's it. Doesn't matter if something else comes along that is an excellent alternative its not an iPhone.

Sent from my Droid

3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    That's nonsense. You make people who like Apple products seem like mindless sheep. I'd take Apple over Windows any day, and I'll take my Droid over the iPhone 4. In a year and a half, we will see.

4. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,613

CK why the thread....its gonna fall on deaf ears. People have been waiting for a verizon iphone and if apple busted out with the iphone 2g for verizon they will have a line. I say let people buy it and this will calm the crowd down. Its like when people get all excited about getting up to go to walmart on black friday. They are excited they just paid 400 for a new tv. The 3 months later after the holiday traffic walmarts rolls out a newer model with better features for about the same price and a 3 months same as cash deal.

5. RaiderNation75@q.com

RaiderNation75@q.com New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have an iPod touch 32gig. It has the same OS as the iPhone 4, and is really nice. I had decided that I was going to wait for VZW to get the iPhone and that would be my next phone. Well I started checking out the Droid X. Everyone I knew who had it was totally in love with it. So I played with it a while and said, this looks like it's able to do what the iPhone will do, but a lot more. So, I got the X... I have to say that this is the most amazing phone I have ever had. Nothing I have used from apple to BB to any windows based thins or PDA will do what this phone/OS will do. I don't know if I will ever find another phone that fits me and is customizable like this one.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

6. Cmdates2991

Cmdates2991 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I won't lie, the Iphone is great device. I really hate Apple but I can't deny that their device is really well built and has a lot of great games and such that I just aren't available for my Droid which is why I carry the 4th gen Ipod touch around with me everywhere along with my Droid.

That being said I'm getting the Bionic when it launches. And the Iphone 5 whenever that comes to VZW as a 2nd device. UNITY!!!!!!!!!

7. jkhonea

jkhonea DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    CK and PC, really, both of you are better than the whole "Apple people are sheep" thing and you know it. Come on. Not everyone needs to be able to tweak the devil out of everything. It isn't always necessary.

8. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    That wasn't my intention at all, and I don't agree with CK either. If you think that every android user knows the hardware and software that their phone runs, you've gotta be kidding me. A lot of people buy android because of hype too...because it's the Iphone killer, blah blah. That doesn't make you a mindless sheep. It makes you a normal, average consumer. While android people like to think that they're smarter then everyone else, they are not. Nor are iphone people. What they are, are people who buy what they hear about. Marketing is a real thing. Top level marketing execs make millions a year. It's not something to be scoffed at. Marketing plays a HUUUUGE role in everything we do from the washing machine we have, to the sneakers we wear, to the phone we have. That's why a 30 second superbowl spot costs millions. BEcause marketing is effective, and definitely more effective than specs when it comes to the average consumer.

My point was that the people who choose a single core over a dual core are not mindless sheep, they're the average,normal consumer. And when they purchase their iphone and realize what an amazing product it is they stick with it. Same thing with android.

People need to get away from the "android users are geniuses, apple users are morons" mentality. It's frankly dumb.

9. droidxchat

droidxchat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OP since you're saying to wait, don't you mean to say "don't be mr impatience"?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

10. Preach2k

Preach2k DF News Team Premium Member

Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +328
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 4
    Twitter:
    DroidNCState

11. cereal killer

Ratings:
    +915
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    Mindless sheep? No idea how you came to that conclusion. If I were to think they were mindless sheep I would say so : )

I'm saying that they are set in their ways. It's not a bad thing. It's just the way a lot of them are. You or I would hear of the new XYZ handset and consider it most Apple fans would not even consider it. Why? Because it's not made by Apple.

Talk to an Apple fan outside of the forums and you will see what I'm talking about. They are not sheeple they are simply VERY Apple loyal.

12. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    My distaste is for Apple, not the products they release.

I will not hate on the phone, but Apple will change the way VZW operates. :(

13. cereal killer

Ratings:
    +915
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    Nope it's a play on names : ) he got burned

14. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,613

I think you missing the point of his thread....if you go buy an iphone 4 now it will be like buying that tv on black friday. I was about to buy my bro an iphone 4 for christmas and he said wait for the iphone 5 being it will be a new os and a much improved device. SO if he (an apple fan) knows to wait, maybe other may want to make SURE the iphone 5 is not around the corner....cuz whether its an iphone 4 or and iphone 5 u are stuck on a 2 yr contract and if 2 to 3 months is all that stood in the way of getting a newer device then why not wait unless you like the design of the iphone 4.

15. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    You said it yourself, a loyal following? How do you develop a loyal following? It's not by delivering crappy product, I can tell you that much. I know you personally have never said that apple delivers a bad product but many people here truly feel that way. Apple fans are not sheep they simply know they can go buy an apple product and have it work very well. I have had my Mac since 2007 and it runs as well today as it did when I bought it. No windows computer I have ever owned has lasted that long without performing major surgery on it. I am no where near a computer genius but I am also not anywhere near the village idiot, so for those who like to throw out the "user error" card, leave it alone. I wouldn't trade my D1 for an iPhone because I have grown to love Android but my phone overclocked to the max still can't even touch the smoothness of the iPhone. But for me that is not a big enough draw to switch. So in the end when apple releases a product the consumer knows they can rely on that product to be made very well. Doesn't mean it's the best but it will definitely be good.

The hatred towards Apple by people here will always just baffle me in ways that I can't explain. It's amazing what people allow to affect their lives.