Why you shouldn't purchase the iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by cereal killer, Jan 11, 2011.

1. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    ROFL!!!!!!
    Never saw that video until now, HILARIOUS!!!!
    Sadly that truly represents a LOT of iPhoney (and Apple) users...

"my god, I think I just had an aneurysm" :rofl3:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  2. Detonation

Detonation Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Not getting an iPhone4 right now for those reasons. However if the iPhone5 does come out on Verizon at the end of the summer and has a 4+ inch screen, I may reconsider then.

3. Quicksilver7714

Quicksilver7714 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +60
    I am quite happy with my droid x and will not purchase the iPhone, although while it is a great device its just not for me.
    I am with CK in saying WAIT. The iPhone 5 should be out around July. You don't want to be stuck buying last years tech when this years is right around the corner.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App.

1.)http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...-dummies-guide-android-terminoligy-lingo.html
    2.)http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/70875-what-you-need-know-about-rooting.html
    3.)http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...08-multiple-phones-root-them-unroot-them.html

4. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +910
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    The tail wags the dog gentlemen. Let's not kid ourselves. Apple rules the roost and they can and will dictate terms. Sad but true.

Apple farts and people fan it away for them : )

Sent from my Droid

5. justin82

justin82 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +214
    That was one funny video.. Thank you Google :)

6. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    i sort of understand the iphone attraction. but, for me, i can't even fathom buying an iphone 4 (3G, single core) just 2 months before all the dual core 4G droids drop. moreover, waiting until july to buy a single core 4G (iphone 5), when the dual core 4G's will already be out???? personally, i don't understand the rationale. but, maybe that's just me...

7. carbine

carbine Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A big issue with me currently with the VZW iPhones is that they're CDMA and not GSM. If I do decide to get a new VZW iPhone I'll be waiting until after the first couple batches of the CDMA devices go out. Let the gun jumpers help test them in the open. I'll wait for a more stable device. Lucky for me it'll be real easy to not be tempted to get one of the original CDMA iPhones as I'll be in basic training and unable to get to a phone for the initial hype. :D

Maybe when I get out of basic and my NE2 is up I'll look into it. That's why I personally won't be getting a VZW iPhone 4 right off the bat. :p

8. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    i guess the rationale is by the time 4g is actually viable across the nation, the iphone will have a 4g version...and since many many americans will not be in 4g coverage area they want what they perceive to be the best 3g phone that VZw has to offer.

9. GT944

GT944 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I couldn't agree more - like the device, hate the company.

Sent from my ADR6300

10. jkhonea

jkhonea DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    And THAT part I can completely understand from people. I don't go for the "hardware and os being drastically inferior" arguments. They don't hold up. But the point y'all make is very valid.

11. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    czerdrill, so, what you're saying is that many people, putting an iphone 4 beside a dual core android phone, would pick the single core, slower iphone???

i'm not saying you're wrong - in fact, you're probably right. but, THAT's the part i don't understand in this whole scenario.

12. jkhonea

Ratings:
    +20
    It isn't always just about the single versus the dual core in how the phones run. It's also about the operating systems and how the devices are designed to run with them. It's very possible to have a device with lesser specs run better on a given device due to the way the software is designed to interact with it.

13. electric6

electric6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    *sniff sniff??* I smell a yearly refresh cycle at this same time every year:

AT&T will get first dibs on the new devices in the late june/early july.

Verizon will get the same phone in CDMA form later in late january/early february.

This means no iPhone 5 in July on big red. Dissapointing yes, but remember when the verizon ipad came out? It was alot later than the at&t version. So we will get a product that is already 7-8 months old. android ftw

14. jkhonea

Ratings:
    +20
    This is exactly what I expect will happen. That's why I don't believe the 5 will hit Verizon until the January February timeframe of next year.

15. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    that's exactly what i'm saying and what i'm sure will happen. ...no one cares about specs, except a small percentage of total wireless users. It's just a fact. You tell someone "ok here's the iphone and here's a TEGRA 2 with an NVIDIA and dual cores!!", they're going to pick the iphone. Again...not cuz it's necessarily superior but because it's an iphone.

It garners a ridiculous amount of hype (maybe unwarranted, maybe not), and that's what helps it sell. Once it is sold, people realize its an excellently made product with a polished OS, that works out of the box without the need to overclock, root, ROM, tweak or anything, and that makes them want to buy it again.

On a forum like this, where I would assume the more technically sound customers are, it's hard to imagine that someone would pick a single core over a dual core, but in the real world, no one cares and chances are they don't even know the difference. the real world is 99% of the subscribers. This forum is less than 1%....far far far less than 1%...

the iphone is a great product, that is simple to use, integrates with everything, has awesome apps, and has a crapload of hype. that's what sells. not dual core vs single core.