Why you should go with an iPhone instead of a Droid.

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by SicScribe, Oct 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SicScribe

SicScribe New Member

For anyone out there that might be considering the purchase of a Motorola Droid, don't do it. It used to be a great phone with great functionality and easy to use apps. However, in September 2011 Motorola put out an update for the entire operating system of the phone and the functionality has totally changed - for the worse. I don't even feel like I am using my phone anymore. More like I am borrowing someone else's phone with my contacts in it. It's more complicated and less user friendly. I have been trying to get used to it... but it's been almost a month now and I have come to the conclusion that it's not the phone I wanted or sought out in the first place, a little over a year ago.

I used to be an iPhone owner/user, 3GS. I loved the phone but hated AT&T. I fussed around with a friend's DroidX after finding myself fed up with AT&T's bad service and made the switch to a Droidx. But I cannot overcome this new software update. It has ruined my phone and I find myself looking at it with disdain now. I hate it. Everyone I know hates it.
  2. adamwhitehead

adamwhitehead New Member

This is a Droid forum lmao, for every Droid horror story there's a 1000 success stories... just saying

Liberated X2
  3. indymale26

indymale26 New Member

who is this crazy person posting bad on the only and #1 smartphone consumer the droidians vs apple jacks wtf get off our page and go play with ur 3g apple , 41 mbps download 13 upload lmao hahah:hail::D:icon_ devil::icon_ lala:
  4. indymale26

indymale26 New Member

have x2 and bionic both phones our sweet but ill be rocking maybe razor soon also pay cash right out
  5. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Thread moved..............
  6. alucard9114

alucard9114 New Member

Get a Nexus.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk
  7. TJF2011

TJF2011 New Member

Ya... Its personal preference... There are a million forums... Try rooting your phone and putting on custom roms... It will be a ton times better... And thats coming from many iphone users...

***GUMMYCHARGED***
  8. C3-PO

C3-PO Member

Can you be more specific, what exactly is wrong with your phone. I know at least 3 people with the Droid X2 and they love it.
  9. pc747

OP I too came from the iphone and its a nice device. But ios in my opinion is boring. Also you can not judge android based on the d1. The d1 is 2 years old and in 2 years android has evolved for the good. D1 offered one phone, one choice, one experience (unless you rooted). Now We have more oems who have thrown their hats in the ring and these devices are awesome. I have played with the iphone 3gs, iphone 4, iphone 4s. I have an itouch and it sits in the corner collecting dust because my phone does what it needs for it to do. If you want an iphone then you can get a 4 and a 4s from vzw. But you really can not base your opinion of android off your experience with the d1 alone. Android devices now are exceeding our dreams when we had the d1 2 years ago. The d1 has a slower processor with less ram than a lot of the newer phones and the improvements have increased the speed and responsiveness by a lot.
  10. rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p Well-Known Member

Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    So... Are you asking for help? Or are you just complaining? We could all sit around complaining in forums but would that get us anywhere? No.
    If you ask, I'm sure lots of us would be willing to help you get back to the old version but simply complaining isn't going to get you anywhere.

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!
  11. pc747

Op if you have any questions we are here. If you already chose iphone congrats and enjoy your device. I am closing this thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
going from a droid to an iphone
why get an iphone instead of an android
why get an iphone instead of droid
why go with an iphone
why i like apple iphone instead of android

why iphone instead of android

why should get droid instead of iphone
why should i buy an iphone instead of an android
why should i get an s4 instead of an iphone
why should i go for an ios intead of android
why should i go from an android to an iphone?
why should i have an iphone instead of the lgg2?
why should you not go from droid to i phone
why would i get an i phone instead of a droid