Why would my Incredible freak out when I plug it into a

Reaction score
Car Audio Tape Cassette Adapter?

The music starts skipping and going to the next song after it only plays for 3 seconds and rewinds by itself on and on it just wigs out!

Would one adapter be worse then another? I have had this one for years. Maybe its going bad or the INC just doesnt like it for some reason?

thanks for the help!

ChansteR

Reaction score
Hmm, thats odd. The DI works just fine through my AUX port.

It might be a bad adapter. Try it out with other devices and see if it does the same thing.

crappypunk

Reaction score
diff chargers have diff input voltage.. it will still charge the phone, not as fast, but it messes everything up on it.. annoying as hell

OP
S
Reaction score
not a charger a audio adapter with a cassette do i can play music in the car.

matt30

Reaction score
Car Audio Tape Cassette Adapter?

The music starts skipping and going to the next song after it only plays for 3 seconds and rewinds by itself on and on it just wigs out!

Would one adapter be worse then another? I have had this one for years. Maybe its going bad or the INC just doesnt like it for some reason?

thanks for the help!

Probably a bad transfer or file. Or if it's internet radio a bad connection. Nothing to do with the jack.

OP
S
Reaction score
you mean one bad file set it off? then it kept it going? it skipped like 20 - 30 songs it would play each for like 3 seconds and then onto the next.

BzB

Reaction score
could it be a signal being passed back through the cable to the device? some cars and cassette adapters give the ability to control an ipod or other mp3 device through the head unit and/or cassette adapter. that could be a culprit.

or your incredible doesn't like your adapter or car. try switching the adapter and if that doesn't work get a new car. :p

OP
S
Reaction score
haha i would love a new car what do you think of this one?
2010-MTM-Audi-S5-Cabrio-Michelle-Ed.jpg

OP
S
Reaction score
ok so i tried it in my other car with another tape cassette adapter [same make and model] just a different unit i have two of them and the INC freaked out again :( skipping songs. wouldnt play a song longer then 20 seconds

bl42ed0

Reaction score
Do you have the silicon case for your dinc?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

bl42ed0

Reaction score
I tried using a cassette adapter with the case on and it would pause at certain songs then play again or skip a song. Apparently mine was getting a bad connection with the jack due to the slight thickness of the case around the jack... after taking the case off while playing Pandora in the car, it worked perfectly fine. Now I don't know why yours is doing that if not for a faulty connection between adapter and 3.5 mm jack...

bl42ed0

Reaction score
I did notice the dinc not being able to tell if the cassette adapter was a pair of headphones or a headset. One or the other shows up in the same place on the notification bar. Dinc should automatically recognize adapter as headphones and stay that way. When I had the case on, it freaked out jumping between the two.

OP
S
Reaction score
I tried using a cassette adapter with the case on and it would pause at certain songs then play again or skip a song. Apparently mine was getting a bad connection with the jack due to the slight thickness of the case around the jack... after taking the case off while playing Pandora in the car, it worked perfectly fine. Now I don't know why yours is doing that if not for a faulty connection between adapter and 3.5 mm jack...

think so. now i probably have two problems now.