1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Why wont my Droid give me the option of downloading 2.1?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by SideshowTony, Apr 12, 2010.

1. SideshowTony

SideshowTony New Member

My problem is that I rooted, and got the option to update, but I didnt since I was rooted. So I put my phone back into stock mode. Now, Im not getting the option to update. I tried going to about phone, check for updates but that didnt work. If there isnt a way to get it to give me the option to update, if not can somebody please tell me the best way to manually get to 2.1? :icon_eek:

Any help would be apreciated.
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

On my Droid so I can't do it for you. Go to google and search manually download 2.1 Droid. You should come up with something, I did last night.
  3. LtKen

LtKen New Member

4. SideshowTony

SideshowTony New Member

So is there no way to get my droid to get notifications for the official over the air update? and if i half to do it manually, what is the best place to get the file thats official and stuff
  5. LtKen

LtKen New Member

Not sure why you're not getting notifications, I suspect it'll be fixed when you update. If you follow the link above, you'll notice the files come straight from Google's servers. You cant get much more official than that.