1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Why won't my changes in framework-res.apk load?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ChrisPappas, Aug 4, 2011.

1. ChrisPappas

ChrisPappas New Member

Working from rooted 2.3.3 (on a Droid X2, but I don't think that matters).

I have pulled /system/framework/framework-res.apk from the phone, unzipped, modified exactly one file (\res\drawable-hdpi\zz_moto_list_texture_bg.png) with photoshop, zipped back up (7-zip), zipaligned and pushed back into the /system/framework/ directory with the correct permissions. The file was not re-signed.

The phone boots without error, but the new modified file does not get loaded, the old version of the graphic remains. I have double checked and my modified /system/framework/framework-res.apk is in place. I don't know where the phone is getting the old version from.

I have tried formatting the system cache, erasing all user data via android recovery, zipped with different levels of compression for the apk file (moderate to none), same result.

I had this problem before on 2.2.2, which I thought was corrected by formatting the cache, but I guess I was wrong and it got fixed by chance.

Does anyone know what can be done to force framework-res.apk in the /system/framework/ directory to load?

Chris
  2. ChrisPappas

ChrisPappas New Member

Figured this out. There is a 5x5 graphic that colored the background texture. I had to change that too.

Chris
Search tags for this page

framework res apk changes not working