Why We Want Root

dolfanpete

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the "perfect" guide. in depth step by step guide explaining going from 2.1 back to 2.01. also one that explains everything you need to download on to your computer to complete the root. i'm assuming anything you need to download is to the cpu, not to the droid itslef. anyone know of the best ones.

You must be thinking of the Moto Droid, not the incredible, 2.01 never existed for the incredible.
yesss...sorry. i guess i would have to go back to 2.0? i'm so lost. i keep talking my self out of it

TNS201

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the "perfect" guide. in depth step by step guide explaining going from 2.1 back to 2.01. also one that explains everything you need to download on to your computer to complete the root. i'm assuming anything you need to download is to the cpu, not to the droid itslef. anyone know of the best ones.

You must be thinking of the Moto Droid, not the incredible, 2.01 never existed for the incredible.
yesss...sorry. i guess i would have to go back to 2.0? i'm so lost. i keep talking my self out of it

Umm what

2.0 never existed for the incredible. They released it with 2.1

The moto droid was released with 2.0, then 2.0.1 upgrade then 2.1

dolfanpete

Reaction score
you must be thinking of the moto droid, not the incredible, 2.01 never existed for the incredible.
yesss...sorry. I guess i would have to go back to 2.0? I'm so lost. I keep talking my self out of it

umm what

2.0 never existed for the incredible. They released it with 2.1

the moto droid was released with 2.0, then 2.0.1 upgrade then 2.1

i have a motorola droid.................

R1Lover

Reaction score

nerdkill

Reaction score
all that i want to make this phone perfect... the helix launcher with my sense. all i wanted to do was get rid of sense before i got the phone, now i love it. but then i install my helix launcher and i lose all of my sense widgets which are amazingly impressive. i really hope when it gets rooted i can have both without switching.

solorca

Reaction score
The only thing that I REALLY want out of root is a way to get rid of some of the apps that are preinstalled.

Acid7711

Reaction score
all that i want to make this phone perfect... the helix launcher with my sense. all i wanted to do was get rid of sense before i got the phone, now i love it. but then i install my helix launcher and i lose all of my sense widgets which are amazingly impressive. i really hope when it gets rooted i can have both without switching.

I too was VERY disapointed by this. I LOVE the sense UI, but the helix launcher is what I really love. And, not being able to have these sense widgets sucks. I don't know if it's posible or not, but at least maybe we'll be able to mod the stock sense ui launcher to get rid of that stupid + sign.

I'd like to see different LED colors for different options, possible overclocking, even if it's only a couple hundred Mhz. And above all, want to get rid of some of the stock stuff that's in the phone that I don't use or want.

drewlamo1

Reaction score
man if i dont get su permissions soon i might crack lol.
i love putting my own LWP on the phone and making the pngs my own personal color.
i never realized how much customization i used on the DROID till my DI showed up and i switched.
and i also love the different leds for notifications i had on droid

hope someone cracks it soon but i read that HTC really locks down their phones.
i think even the one guy who rooted the desire still didnt have persmissions to write to the partition.

might be a long haul on this one. hope i dont crack and go back to the moto.
if froyo comes out and gives the moto 200+ more ram i might switch back
:<

no1jiggaman

Reaction score
If you root the incredible do you get free games and apps just like jailbreaking the iPhone?

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
If you don't have permission to right to the partition, then you aren't rooted ;)

Here is to hoping I can root and kill that lame city ID app before I go off the deep end and take a hammer to the phone.