Why We Want Root

Mercutio

Reaction score
1. WiFi Tether
2. Disable LED for soft touch buttons
3. Custom themes

The LEDs are blinding on this phone when used at night and I seriously need a way to disable them. WiFi tether is of course always awesome - especially with the iPad out, and custom themes? Who doesn't like a little eye candy?

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
CM period

stupid too short message

Reaction score
"2. Disable LED for soft touch buttons"

+1

Have you noticed that the Menu button is brighter in the middle and the search button the little tail that comes off is a little dim? In general...the two middle seem to be a little brighter? Lol those things just catch my attention, I really just wish they would implement the feature in the OS.

kwiksilvr

Reaction score
Who is working on rooting? I am in agony for my wifi tether... I havent needed to use it yet, but I just want to know its there... I dont even want to run a custom ROM.. the ROM on this is AWESOME... I just want root access...

jasonb

Reaction score
not sure if i'll root it or not. so far i see no reason to.

Spotmark

Reaction score
not sure if i'll root it or not. so far i see no reason to.

Yes, this phone is "incredible" just the way it sits, but in my eyes we need root simply for wifi tether alone.

dolfanpete

Reaction score
i am on the fence about rooting. tethering, i dont need that. i have internet at home, and only have my phone on the road so tethering is not important. not sure what disabling led means. but custom themes. that sounds pretty cool. but is are the themes THAT much nicer than a non rooted phone get? i've seen some pretty darn nice themes that i have downloaded. lastly, if you were to put them side by side (rooted,non rooted) would the internet be just as fast on both? would the rooted phone open up applications instantly, much faster than a stock 2.1? that would be appealing for me. because sometimes it takes a while for the phone to load apps, or return to the home page or flip the phone and have all the icons appear back on the screen quickly? lots of questions, any answers?

Kahij

Reaction score
Root it all the way. The phone is awesome without the root. Think of how much more awesome it will browse when we have full control over it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

jasonb

Reaction score
you all forgot about Overclocking didnt you ;)

People were barely getting any overclock out of the nexus, so it'll be the same here. We'll get to maybe 1.2ghz. The phone is fast enough already though.

Weapondrift

Reaction score
you all forgot about Overclocking didnt you ;)

People were barely getting any overclock out of the nexus, so it'll be the same here. We'll get to maybe 1.2ghz. The phone is fast enough already though.
You arent lying...i just really want to pushthis phone to its limits and see what else its capable of. Call it overkill, I call it awesome!

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think for a lot out there, its getting past being locked out; a psychological thing.

I'll root when I really need tether, and get tired of the speed it has now (OC).

Until then I enjoy it as is, plus whatever I can do to it. :)

dolfanpete

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the "perfect" guide. in depth step by step guide explaining going from 2.1 back to 2.01. also one that explains everything you need to download on to your computer to complete the root. i'm assuming anything you need to download is to the cpu, not to the droid itslef. anyone know of the best ones.

TNS201

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the "perfect" guide. in depth step by step guide explaining going from 2.1 back to 2.01. also one that explains everything you need to download on to your computer to complete the root. i'm assuming anything you need to download is to the cpu, not to the droid itslef. anyone know of the best ones.

You must be thinking of the Moto Droid, not the incredible, 2.01 never existed for the incredible.