Why was my thread closed?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by jigsawkilr, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr New Member

Sorry. I asked a question. When I search I get tons of post that normally do not pertain to what I am asking. Sorry if asking a simple question tied up to much space or time for an answer. Thank you for closing my thread
  2. cisco0910

cisco0910 New Member

I'm guessing it had to do with 2.1? If so, thank god it was closed. If not, I don't know why unless I read the original thread
  3. jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr New Member

By the way. Thank you smalltowngirl for answering the question to my talk and text post by PM. I really appreciate it.
  4. aminaked

aminaked New Member

You were not enough of a DROOOID.
  5. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

what was the original thread about?

if anything, it was deleted probably because it's been answered on some other thread. Either way, the mods work real hard to keep this site from becoming unorganized, no need to give'em attitude.
  6. jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr New Member

cisco, it had nothing to do with 2.1. I could care less about 2.1 when it does or ever does come. I asked a simple question about how to receive a text message while on the phone and someone decided to close my thread. It had nothing to do with 2.1 or even talking and surfing the web.My question was answered so now they can close this thread. Thanks
  7. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I closed it because the topic has been thoroughly discussed and I provided one link from a search. The fact AT&T can text and talk is something most people never really ever thought about doing until they pulled out that straw after the successful campaign VZW had with the "maps". I guess I should have explained it a little better, no need to beat a dead horse with that thread.
  8. aminaked

aminaked New Member

The droid receives text messages while on the phone right? Is it also correct that you cannot get emails while on the phone? I think that this is an interesting topic, and I'm serious!
  9. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 DF Administrator Staff Member

But we are able to Text & Talk, we cannot Talk & Surf the web, market, etc....but you should be able to send / receive / view texts while on a phone call - pic msg'ing (MMS) possibly not, I have never really tried it...but I know that I can send / receive texts while on a call.
  10. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

As VulcanRider stated, it's a subject that has been beaten to death around here and you could find dozens of threads with a search. That's all. He explained the difference between CDMA and GSM networks and gave you this link so you could read up on it.

'Here's one such link: screw you at&t! verizon can go online and talk too'
  11. jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr New Member

I could care less about a CDMA or GSM network. I just asked for a simple answer and how to do it. No big deal. Not trying to start a war here. I just had a friend today text me a number why we were on the phone but I couldn't view it till I got off the phone. No problem. Thanks for the help but lets get over it. I am. I will read more and post a lot less from now on.
  12. aminaked

aminaked New Member

You might think I'm kidding because of my "Droooid" post above, but I'm not. I didn't realize until now that I can't get email on my droid when I'm on a phone call. Yes, I could get it as an SMS but I don't want to pay for that. This revelation actually kinda sucks.

Edit: Now you're saying I can't get an SMS while on a call. Is that really true?
  13. FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo Member

As big as this forum is, and as fast as it is growing, it amazes me that mods get attitudes with "that has been answered 100 times before". Maybe so... but coming from noob perspective, often I did not see it. Often I just learned something that I did not even know, that I did not know. Therefore I would have never searched for it and never learned from it, if someone else had not asked.

I have learned a lot here, but i have light years to go. If someone doesn't ask something that has been asked a 100 times before... how could I ever attempt to give back to the collective if never given the opportunity to answer that question?
  14. cisco0910

cisco0910 New Member

You can get sms while on a call. You just can't do anything that'll requires 3g. Obviously if ur on wifi you can do everything
  15. pyro6128

pyro6128 New Member

****couldn't care less****, sorry it just irks me since "could care less" means the opposite of what you intend it to mean
  16. Vulcan1600

Point well taken. I made a decision based on the topic. It wasn't because of a perceived attitude. Perhaps I should have explained myself better in the original thread. I did, however attempt to provide a link to help out the O.P. What I did was not based on ego or anything else. I can't encourage people enough to use the search feature though. It really does help find answers quickly without cluttering up the board.
  17. MJ5150

MJ5150 New Member

Oh no, I can't talk on my Droid and surf the web at the same time. I better return it now, it sucks after all.

-Mike
  18. JhankG

JhankG New Member

You could have answered your own question by using the search function. Don't be so sensitive.
  19. Vulcan1600

I am also going to close this thread before it gets out of hand. O.P. hope you got your answer. Perhaps I didn't explain it well enough in that thread my reasons. What this thread is turning into is another reason why I closed the other one.
  20. pyro6128

pyro6128 New Member

Do the mods pm you when they close your threads? I've had threads moved and I got a pm. If not, i think sending them a pm with the reason it was closed, and possibly a link with where to go to start finding the answer to their question would clear up a lot of clutter and end some confusion.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.