Why use another text app?

armeddroid

Reaction score
On the D1 I used Handcent for the appearance. The new Tbolt message app looks good IMO. I am not sure if its the same on other HTC phones but I def like the stock one on the Tbolt.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this seems dumb but I was curious as to why people use other keyboard apps aside from what comes with their phone? I have read where people can't live without Handycent and others.
Because I have to use the GV app for GV messaging.

My wife found Handcent easier to use than stock.

Go with what works for you.

biker90

Reaction score
I use Handcent because it lets me send messages to everyone in a group without using individual phone numbers. Is there a way to do that with the original text app?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use Handcent because it lets me send messages to everyone in a group without using individual phone numbers. Is there a way to do that with the original text app?

Nope, I don't think it does but I've never done that anyway so it's not important to me.

abadbronc

Reaction score
I switched to Handcent because I wanted custom notification sounds for different people that texted me. Wife/kids/boss etc...

Handcent got a little bloated and they started pushing their services a little too much so I switched to GoSMS. It has worked very well so far but it too is starting to pack on the weight. They did however just release their "Pro" version for free. dancedroid

Jenaht

Reaction score
I switched to Handcent because I wanted custom notification sounds for different people that texted me. Wife/kids/boss etc...

Handcent got a little bloated and they started pushing their services a little too much so I switched to GoSMS. It has worked very well so far but it too is starting to pack on the weight. They did however just release their "Pro" version for free. dancedroid

I use GO Sms too. The great thing about their new update is that you can choose different modes to run it in to get to speed you wish. It had gotten a little heavy. Great program tho

Sent from my Stock Fascinate using DroidForums App

aj8600

Reaction score
Gflam, how do you get the pop up box in the default SMS app. I've been using ChompSMS because it has the pop up.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Gflam, how do you get the pop up box in the default SMS app. I've been using ChompSMS because it has the pop up.

I just downloaded the app sms popup it's an open source app and it's free in the market

BMWBig6

Reaction score
Does anybody use the text-to-speech (reading aloud) feature of SMS Popup? How does it compare to Vlingo's reader?