Why The Moto X Pure Does Not Have Wireless Charging

pesticidal

Reaction score
Never used wireless charging and never had the desire as I charge overnight. I'd rather the quicker charging time personally ....

You charge overnight, but prefer the quick charge over wireless. That really doesn't make a lot of sense. If you charge over night, speed really doesn't matter.

I just ordered a Pure, and am disappointed it does not support the wireless. I, too, am a fan of the wireless. I currently have a Samsung S4 and 3 charging docks. One on my bed table for overnight charging, one in my kitchen, and one in my car, which double as a holder for viewing maps easier. The ease of placing a phone on a dock is very convenient, and even if it doesn't produce a fast charge, it's still not really slow to top off.

I've had trouble in the past with charging ports, am hoping I don't on the Pure.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Yeah, the way I wrote that I guess it doesn't LOL What I meant was - I would prefer to have turbo charging for times when I need a quick boost in battery to get me through. Seeing how I typically charge overnight, I really don't care whether it's plugged in or not - and I have not "issues" simply plugging the device in. I can certainly see the draw to wireless charging, but it's just another accessory to buy.

Beer Goggles

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8
Yeah, the way I wrote that I guess it doesn't LOL What I meant was - I would prefer to have turbo charging for times when I need a quick boost in battery to get me through. Seeing how I typically charge overnight, I really don't care whether it's plugged in or not - and I have not "issues" simply plugging the device in. I can certainly see the draw to wireless charging, but it's just another accessory to buy.
What wrong with having both?

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Until I can charge wirelessly while holding and using my device, wireless charging isn't all that important to me. It's nice in the car when I can just place it in the wireless charging dock, but other than that it's not worth buying another accessory with little practicality.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Consumer needs to demand manufacturers to include all of the features that are available on the market. Wireless Charging, waterproofing, expandable storage, quick charging, 3k+ battery all should be standard features.

There is a reason why I haven't upgraded a phone in a year. There is nothing there to buy!

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Consumer needs to demand manufacturers to include all of the features that are available on the market. Wireless Charging, waterproofing, expandable storage, quick charging, 3k+ battery all should be standard features.

There is a reason why I haven't upgraded a phone in a year. There is nothing there to buy!
Just out of curiosity how does the consumer demand these features? The reason that they don't include them is the number of people who require those features is becoming less and less...

I'm not being a jerk I'm just curious how you think we could go about this.... I for one only have a real need for external SD cards unless the device has 128gb or more built in at an affordable price...

I like the look and idea of the new X but for me I need/want "big fancy" features like the ones on my Note 4.

I do agree that in my mind since the Note 4 I have seen no devices that even get me a little excited about changing phones.

Note 4tified

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
The port on my Dinc2 failed and had to be replaced. 2 coworkers also had charging port failures. My RAZR HD did not fail but allow me to take a pic of that when I get home. Scratched like mad.

Turbo charging port? Looks pristine.

Just out of curiosity how does the consumer demand these features?

The way consumers have always demanded things. By speaking with their dollars. When the 1st Nexus came out with no SD slot....it still sold pretty well. I promise you if that would have failed, all future Nexus' would have a slot.

Tap'n Turbo

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
The port on my Dinc2 failed and had to be replaced. 2 coworkers also had charging port failures. My RAZR HD did not fail but allow me to take a pic of that when I get home. Scratched like mad.

Turbo charging port? Looks pristine.

The way consumers have always demanded things. By speaking with their dollars. When the 1st Nexus came out with no SD slot....it still sold pretty well. I promise you if that would have failed, all future Nexus' would have a slot.

Tap'n Turbo
Right I understand that. That's why I mentioned that there are still plenty of people who have decided they don't need those features and still bought the devices. If the devices are still profitable for the manufacturer they will continue to do what they want.

Note 4tified

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Right I understand that. That's why I mentioned that there are still plenty of people who have decided they don't need those features and still bought the devices. If the devices are still profitable for the manufacturer they will continue to do what they want.

Note 4tified

Maybe, but I think it's more the case a large percentage (at least 20%, and that's just on expandable storage) are settling for what best suits their needs because they have to or really want to upgrade. It's not about what features or hardware people WANT, but rather the minimum that they are willing to buy.

This is the classic false premise that a purchase decision represents everything that consumer wanted. I'm in the same situation shopping for a PC - I stick with ultrabooks, and the power/upgradeability is severely limited. I will pay through the nose for 512GB SSD, even 256GB eventhough I'd rather the cheapest HD option (even old mechnical ones) and save hundreds of dollars buying an SSD and replacing it myself. But I NEED the i7 with at least 8GB of ram, so I'm forced to accept being gouged on the SSD.

Beer Goggles

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8
Until I can charge wirelessly while holding and using my device, wireless charging isn't all that important to me. It's nice in the car when I can just place it in the wireless charging dock, but other than that it's not worth buying another accessory with little practicality.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
The two places that I see as the most handy for wireless charging are the desk at work of the nightstand at home. You're never going to get "remote wireless charging" that will let you roam around and still charge. At least not in my lifetime.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
And that's kind of my point, wireless charging is almost a gimmick, meant to be slightly convenient at best. I have no problem plugging the phone in and at least then I can still comfortably use it while it's charging. It's definitely not a feature that'll deter me from consideration.

pesticidal

Reaction score
And that's kind of my point, wireless charging is almost a gimmick, meant to be slightly convenient at best. I have no problem plugging the phone in and at least then I can still comfortably use it while it's charging. It's definitely not a feature that'll deter me from consideration.
One man's idea of a gimmick is another man's idea of a feature...

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Ever heard of air dock for cars? Holds your phone with nano suction cups and charges it simultaneous via wireless charging. It's far from gimmick.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Ever heard of air dock for cars? Holds your phone with nano suction cups and charges it simultaneous via wireless charging. It's far from gimmick.
I had one. It sucked, didn't work very good. Sold it less than a week from receiving it.