Why The Moto X Pure Does Not Have Wireless Charging

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, Aug 4, 2015.

1. cr6

cr6 Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,685
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge
    Twitter:
    @dronewolfmedia
    Yeah, but people would buy 2 cans and a string if it had an Apple logo imprinted on it, so that doesn't mean much. Samsung is quickly realizing that trying to follow Apple (at least in the looks department) isn't working out the way they hoped it would after dismal sales with a couple of their latest devices. The lack of sales with the upcoming Note 5 will be the final nail in the coffin I think. If that in fact does happen, I guarantee Samsung will return to "what works" (for Sammy fans at least) and go back to removable batteries & ext sd cards.
    In a saturated market, you need to stand out, not play follow the leader, or bobbing for Apples if you will.

S5 tap'n

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,690
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    I honestly would like to see device manufacturers NOT release a refreshed device each year in each line. They tend too often to be incremental upgrades at best and not worth the purchase price imo. I've actually never bought 2 of the same line of phones back to back ie, never did Moto Droid to Droid 2, I got the X. Never did X2, I got the Bionic. Never did S4 to S5, I got the Note. Etc.

Now, I'm looking at another OEM for my next device because I don't think the Note 5 or S6 Edge Plus are worthy of my money. That makes this new Moto X appeal to me that much more than the one I considered last year. And, people may hate the larger size, but at least they've made a significant change to the X line, even if they kept a similar form factor.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,513
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    I prefer turbo charging over qi charging...qi charging heats up your cases and messes em up, and there have been issues with devices not charging all the way or accurately charging...so..for an unlocked bootloader..I could do without it..

#15 94lt1, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2015
  4. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,270
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    IMHO, the failure to include wireless charging is a mistake. As DMX pointed out, lots of people have spent good money to include wireless charging into their daily routine. For them, the convenience and ease of implementation factor may be even more important than the simple lack of a cord. You sit it down, it charges... You pick it up and go.

Also, the money they've spent for those QI chargers is money that they don't want to go to waste so quickly. QI hasn't been out all that long, so the sting of the initial cost is still tingling the nervous system. If it were me, I'd be saying to myself what a waste of good money to buy a phone now, after the fact, that doesn't have wireless charging. It will hurt sales some, I believe. It really has to.

Furthermore, I think @Mustang02 said it best. Most people like to know where something is all the time, and so having a "station" or QI pad that's there at all times helps you to keep your phone in a place where you know to go for it. I do find myself carrying the wall warts from place to place at times, and then trying to remember exactly where I last left it, or where I'm plugged in. This is why I have tried to keep the main "station" at my bedside.

That said, adding wireless charging to this device shouldn't be all that difficult. It's a very small and flat coil, a couple leads that connect inside and you're done. Now QuickCharge 2.0 and wireless combined, that's a different story. If the device is already capable of QC2.0, in all likelihood changing to wireless will not allow the device to conform to the QC2.0 standard but will instead revert to the standard charging rate while on the wireless pad. This may not be a big deal for many since the pad is more of a landing place rather than a station for many.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TOMMYBOT

TOMMYBOT Active Member

Ratings:
    +38
    the technology does feel like it isn't completely unkinked. it could be better. better range not having to reallign coils. having it in more places. like say if cars adapt it. or i know i've seen(probably on this site) something about was it ikea? making furnature that would have wireless charging? or something like that idk.

i am an ingress player. i live with my portable battery 10,000 mAh thank you amazon basics.
    the turbo charger could be cool but i would probably need it in my car too lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,690
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    Samsung just released/announced a monitor that has wireless charging in the base.

7. eebvending

eebvending Active Member

Ratings:
    +53
    Current Phone Model:
    S10+
    Android fans are becoming more and more like iSheep and accepting what they are told to accept. Samsung especially are becoming big shepherds like the fruit company.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. johnomaz

johnomaz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +775
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel 2XL
    I have an older rectangular Samsung QI charger I use for my Nexus 6 and have never experienced it getting hot. My fast charger though gets the thing pretty darn hot.

9. PereDroid

PereDroid DF News Team Reporter

Ratings:
    +4,268
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Turbo 2
    Smurf or Frog?

TapaTurbo

10. kinfolk248

kinfolk248 Active Member

Ratings:
    +139
    EXACTLY, both wireless and quick charge have been around the block by now. On top of that, wireless is just simply a pair of pins to the battery wtf are they talking about. You can find wireless back covers on Amazon for a 'couple' bucks like what LG did with the G3 smh. This is just another excuse to pimp the customer out of more money. Geeez I wish these companies would just think things thru... Oh yea, I miss the roms ;-(

11. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,513
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    Single coil??? I have the incipio ghost, I have 2 tylt vu's and with both.. The back of the device gets warm...saying that yours doesn't is kinda odd...being as the process does generate some heat..

Now I didn't say it gets overly hot..but..mine gets hotter than if I use my turbo charger..and it has caused the rubber outer casing of my otterbox defenders to warp from that heat..

12. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,513
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    Did you ever try some of the qi wireless charging backs for the vzw g3?? I ordered 5 of them for the vzw variant..not a single one would work ..except the stupid cirlce case..it was a bunch of bull for vzw to just opt out of that anyhow. they're the only carrier that did...after the LG g2 had a sealed battery and was equipped with qi...another vzw win...(being phacetius)

Search tags for this page
can wood puck qi charger work with moto x pure
does moto x pure have wireless charging
does the moto x pure have wireless charging
moto x pure edition qi charging
moto x pure edition wireless charging
moto x pure qi
moto x pure qi charging

moto x pure wireless charging

moto x style wireless charging
wireless charging moto x pure