Why the GS2 is not here- Straight from the horse's mouth

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy SII' started by bigdad63, Jul 17, 2011.

1. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    Ah it's okay, you were actually decent with your post. It's the extreme posts against Apple that drive me nuts.

2. PolyOlefin

PolyOlefin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The story of the SII's delay gets more Fascinating every week. This Canadian exec is leveling quite a heinous Charge at U.S. carriers. Not sure about you all, but I'm gonna stick it out and wait for the SII; it really is a Milestone for smartphones as far as specs go. A Super AMOLED+ screen Infused with the cutting edge Exynos processor and housing 1 GB of memory Within... the phone is Incredible enough for me to wait as late as Christmas before Attaining a new phone. I'm pretty sure its sales figures will still Thrive, but by then, I X-pect it might compete with the Nexus Prime for my attention.

...Thunderbolt Photon Sensation.

3. bigdad63

bigdad63 Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Samsung seems to have just nailed it with this phone. I've never seen sweeter specs or reviews. If the Bionic isn't really special, and they can't get the GS2 here, it may be time to leave Verizon.

4. Vito.a

Vito.a Member

Ratings:
    +13
    I'm not sure they did nail it. We need to see for sure what processor it has and whether it has 4G in the US or not.

If it is still 3G, it should compete with the Droid 3. If it is 4G, then it will compete with the Charge and Bionic.

5. bigdad63

bigdad63 Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Yeah, I could have been more precise. I mean exclusive of 4G, nothing can touch it in benchmarks. Then you throw in amoled (yes, it should go to +), great camera/video, and a super thin profile and you have a super beast of a phone. That said, if it's not 4G, I'll definitely be getting the Bionic (sans any major bugs). If I was in an area that was way down on the 4G list, I would definitely get the GS2 (unless there are some amazing Bionic upgrades of which nobody is aware). :icon_ banana: