Why the green light? Sometimes its on & sometimes not. What does it mean?

DoubleTapp89

Reaction score
Umm that's the notification light

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

Malvado is correct! Anytime you get an E-mail, text message, or "Notification" you'll see a little green light to remind you that you have a notification anytime the screen is off.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

rsvornlocker

Reaction score
I assume OP is talking about the light being continually on - the same thing happens to me when I take the charger out. It won't shut off until I shut the phone off and on.

Chubbydog

Reaction score
I really wish it worked consistantly. Half the time mine works when I receive a text, and half the time it doesn't. That's really my only complaint with this phone. I'm using noled, but it seems to drain my battery allot quicker if I don't open it right away.

Heywood

Reaction score
Light Flow corrected my over active green led

Gweevis

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing. It appears to indicate the phone is powered on.

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
I really wish it worked consistantly. Half the time mine works when I receive a text, and half the time it doesn't. That's really my only complaint with this phone. I'm using noled, but it seems to drain my battery allot quicker if I don't open it right away.

NoLED will drain your battery super fast because NoLED is made for AMOLED screens, where showing black consumes no power at all. Thus it can "power" the screen, turn it to pure black and only light up a few pixels on the screen for almost no power loss.

Also, the LED not working all the time is a bug in the gingerbread update I think. I noticed after i updated that if i lock my phone while still in the messaging app, and than get a text, most of the time then LED wont work. If i exit out of the messaging app before i lock my phone however, the LED will work normally when i receive a text. It worked fine in froyo, and got messed up in the gingerbread update i think.