Why the Droid 1 is still the best

patfactorx

Reaction score
Best gaming keyboard

hackability

great speaker

Plus you can get it for really cheap on Ebay now. Get a new Vibrant, sell it and get a D1, pocket a few hundred bucks.

deputc26

Reaction score
Droid 1. The only unbrickable droid. And overclockable to as fast as anything else.

texasPI

Reaction score
I have to agree. I had a D2 forced on me by VZW after receiving four D1 FRUs and I sold the D2 and now have a DInc. I still miss my D1 and vanilla Android.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have to agree. I had a D2 forced on me by VZW after receiving four D1 FRUs and I sold the D2 and now have a DInc. I still miss my D1 and vanilla Android.
Lol, im going to be the only selfish person here and give an emotional arguement. I know the D1 is still the best because I use it. im not using a D2..a Dx...but a D1. The end. lol.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Vanilla Android & an Unlocked Bootloader :happy:

Last edited:

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Still going strong on mine, sapphire and all, love it. A fun year, and it is only going to get better.

The only thing that will finally make me switch is when I run out of room, or we cant install the newest OS on it (but larger SD card assists with room). Even at that OS point, the D1 will still be a contender for all it does, it will simply be me moving to the next level in mobile hardware.

The fun thing is, because of root, and the devs out there who port stuff over, the D1 will rule my life until I finally find something worthy to move to, so far, haven't seen anything, but looking forward to the 2011 releases :)

Droidfish

Reaction score
I agree...

...but it's days are numbered...

While development is still going strong I really wonder how well it will be in a few months when the majority of droid1 owners have an upgrade staring them in the face as well as some pretty wicked and always hackable devices on the market. Once the first dual core phone comes out there really won't be much looking back.

Don't get me wrong I am quite partial to my D1 and have already sold the droid incredible that I got as it's (unnecessary) replacement because I thought my D1 was better.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I love my D1, but when 4g phones come out, I'm making the switch. So far, nothing has proven to be a considerable enough improvement for me make a switch. The D1 does everything I need, plus more.

lerit50

Reaction score
I love my D1!

I was thinking about going to a dINC when I had a stock droid... but then realized that I could just root and OVC... love it because of the keyboard and now speed.

jrl9851

Reaction score
I would have said the same thing about the droid 1 if I still have it. I had it overclocked and all that. It doesn't even come close the the speed and smoothness of the newer phones. An overclocked droid can't touch the newer phones.

pierced_droid

Reaction score
I love my d1 but I do like the d2 but waiting on the d2for more developers

Sent from my etcha-sketch

infinity8x3

Reaction score
I would have said the same thing about the droid 1 if I still have it. I had it overclocked and all that. It doesn't even come close the the speed and smoothness of the newer phones. An overclocked droid can't touch the newer phones.

Oh I believe it can come close. dancedroid