1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

why the difference??

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by miamidroid, Feb 12, 2010.

1. miamidroid

miamidroid New Member

on one of my fones I have been running bb 7.5 with update.zip at 1g with no issues but I cant flash any other OC kernel or else it goes into boot loop. I tried 1.1, 950, and 1.3 with no luck. I then transfered my sd card to my other droid and did the update zip and 1.3ghz kernel and its working perfect.. Could I have messed something up? The only difference I can see, is that on the one that Im having trouble with was flashed with a few different roms 2.1 and 2.01 when wifi tether was first introduced. The one that runs perfect has only ran on 2.01 and never flashed the tether kernel..

Why the difference? I have wiped and wiped and nothing seems to work except 1ghz. Anyone experienced something similiar?
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

My Droid has never been able to run the 1.3GHz kernel....not even 5 seconds and it reboots
  3. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

All electronics are not made the same. Yes, they are all made on the same or similar assembly line but that doesn't mean just because someone else can run 1.3 that you can too.

For example, my E8400 dual core CPU on my desktop runs at 3GHz. I have mine O/Cd to 4.26. Some people can't get that high, and some people can get higher on overclock.net with similar hardware. Some people have higher temps and some lower. And a lot of us even at the same speed have to use different voltage settings to get it to work.
  4. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

5. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Yeah I agree...cause people have SO many issues and problems on here from of basically the same stuff that I've done to my Droid...and I have had few problems ever...but you still get people doing the EXACT same things with different results...
  6. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

To answer a question that I didn't before, my phone has run 800, 950, and 1GHz all flawlessly with BB.
  7. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

You had issues with Sholes ROM didn't you?
  8. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Not related to overclocking though because I kept my phone at 550MHz when I first installed it and was still having issues. Not sure what the issue was (probably some combination of previously having BB and some software combination that just wasn't jiving), but it wasn't worth it to find out. In the midst of me trying to figure it out, Pete released 0.7.5 BB.
  9. miamidroid

miamidroid New Member

hey man what guns are those? I have an xd45.. The one the left kinda looks like an h&k but its so small its hard to tell.
  10. 52brandon

52brandon New Member

they look like HK45 & HK45c but its a small pic
  11. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest