Why the battery drains so fast...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by andjarnic, Nov 16, 2009.

1. flyingdroid

flyingdroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    one question, I have a Bose iPod docking speaker on my bedside table and I put the phone right next to that when I sleep -- sometimes charging but last night not -- do you think that has anything to do with it....mag interference - it wasn't on -- but it might have been charging? I know there are magnets in the Bose unit..

just a thought...???

2. Zenmervolt

Zenmervolt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No. There's not enough signal interference to make any real-world differences.

3. skerm8

skerm8 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    We have only had the Droid for a week, and noticed that battery life is Ok at best. Today, I left the phone signed in to Google Latitude, then watched it several times today from another phone. Battery only lasted half a day. Not sure if it is coincidence or not, but it sure seems like Latitude burns it up fast.

4. cknight91

cknight91 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Droid battery

I have noticed that the droid battery isn't the best. The longest I have lasted is 13 hours, but that was with wifi, GPS, bluetooth off, I even turn syncing off when I don't need it, and put the brightest completely down.

I will browse the web 1.5 - 2 hours a day roughly, do play some games. I use advanced task MANAGER, and I kill all apps when not using them and I do think that helps a bit. However, my question is, what PROCESSES need to be left running.

Right now, if I go to the processes tab for advanced task manager, I have the following processes running:

Dailer Storage
    Dailer
    Adroid System
    Checkin System
    Sync Feeds
    Settings Storage
    Gmail
    Andriod Keyboard
    Gmail Storage
    Google Settings Prov...
    Google Talk Storage
    Google Search
    Google Talk Service
    Weather Widget Forecast
    Weather Widgets
    Alarm Clock
    Corporate Calendar
    Calendar Storage
    Calendar
    Settings
    Messaging
    Quick Search Box
    providers.applications
    providers.userdictionary
    Home
    Contacts Storage
    Retro Clock

I understand that a lot of these are needed and start up automatically. But can anyone shed light on whether some of these are not necessary and might be draining the battery? Thanks in advance for any advice/tips!

5. keiichi25

keiichi25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First guess... The following:

Sync being on... Possibly GTalk being active, and the Weather Stuff. Don't kow what Checkin System is, but Sync is probably what is pinging your Corp Calendar at the moment, If Gtalk is logged in, there is a SLIGHT chance you are pinging a little with that, but not too sure. Weather Widget is probably pinging for updates on weather status.

6. Terminator

Terminator New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Droid died!

My Droid just died, won't charge. Is there a reset button somewhere? ANy steps I should try. With Thanksgiving weekend on, I am in a Fix.

Terminated!

7. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
  8. n0cturne74

n0cturne74 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    FIRST I would definitely try popping the battery out and then put it back in and try turning it back on. Don't forget you have to hold in the power button for a good 5 sec for it to turn on and boot.

9. grumpy

grumpy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I went and got a new battery under warranty today. This battery is working 100% better. Last battery would hold a charge 4 hours under moderate use with GPS and wifi off. Screen on low.

this one under moderate use with the same settings is at 80% since 12 pm

10. xwera43

xwera43 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    One thing cool about Advanced Task Manager is that you can set it up to automatically run & kill the apps/processes you choose. Take a look at the settings again as it's another exclusion list you have to create.

I can't tell you what processes to kill off because I don't know how you use your phone. But if you don't use an Exchange server then no need to run Corporate Calendar.

I, like others just received a replacement battery so I wonder if there was a bad batch. I have only been using it (fully charged) for a little over an hour and am already down to 70%. Not looking good on my end.

Good luck!

@OP
    Nice post. :cool:

-X

11. J-Buck

J-Buck Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does the droids bad battery power have anything to do with them bragging about how the battery is not built in and we can put another 1 in. Is this a ploy for droid owners to but more batteries form verizon?

12. LordKastle

LordKastle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The Droid does not have bad battery power. We are just trying to figure out ways to optimize the battery's life.

Search tags for this page
android battery dies fast
android battery draining fast
droid battery drain
droid battery drains too fast

droid x battery draining quickly

droid x2 battery drains fast
motorola droid battery draining fast
my droid dies fast

why does my droid battery drain so fast

why is my droid battery draining so fast