1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Why should I keep the Charge?

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by Chilazr, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Chilazr

Chilazr New Member

ok, I'm an owner of the OG Droid, and "upgraded" to the Charge.

it has been nothing but headache after headache. The battery life is absoutely terrible; I have to carry a spare with me wherever i go. The GPS has decided to not work at all too, now. My mother was visiting this past week, and she has an OG droid as well. I was using her phone, which should be inferior, to do all the navigating and web searches because i knew that it would work.

I'm digging my OG Droid out and going to take it to Verizon and have them reactivate it this week. But before i do that I want to ask everyone on here if there is something i'm missing about the Charge that makes it awesome and totally worth not scrapping.

I'm decently techy and know my way around Android and phones, so i know that turnng the 4G and GPS options off saves battery and the WiFi tethering is a serious battery drain too. i know i can turn those off, and to use them only when i need them. but i have to wonder what this phoneactually has over the OG Droid if I can't really use those features. If I can't use those, then I feel that this becomes a really big, expensive not-as-useful Droid.

can anyone tell me what I'd be missing out on that would keep me from switching back? i really would hate to think that I wasted something like $350 to find out that the original is still the best.
  2. cujo6801

cujo6801 Member

...I have a charge as well...if your rooted and do all tricks to make the phone better....its a good phone..now that being said if you can take it back,then I would and wait for the google nexus by samsung ....here are to sites you should take a look at #1 Droid Charge - RootzWiki/ #2 Galaxy Nexus - RootzWiki hope this helps...CUJO
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  3. spdivr1122

spdivr1122 New Member

Its basically better by processor, storage, camera, screen size, and 4g. Yeah battery can suck, especially on stock, but I hacked and it works a lot better. Recently, the plastic battery door cracked for me so now I just use a case again. But anyway, I agree with you, the GPS on this phone is completely useless. I can never get it to work. But I have a GPS already so its fine.are you returning the charge port just having them activate your old phone?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  4. dressagerider

dressagerider New Member

I went through 5 charges all with problems. Major headache.

My daughter has a moto Droid 2 global as she likes a slide out keyboard. I was constantly (on all 5) having to use her phone for something: surfing web because I had no data signal Eben though I am I'm a strong 4g area, making a phone call because on my charge I could hear the other person but they could not hear me or the call kept dropping, needing to do something basic because my charge was frozen again and so on.

I really wanted to like the charge. The screen is beautiful. But that phone has more problems and I felt like the longer I had each of the 5, the worse the problems became.

Verizon just sent me a Droid bionic and so far I really like the phone. Moto makes a great phone! The screen is not amoled but I actually like it better. The bionic is fast and reliable. I still can't believe I have made it through several days without phone issues. The charge constantly had problems.

I know the bionic, like all phones, has its issues. But it is a far superior phone to the charge, it is already running gingerbread, moto and Verizon have already acknowledged glitches and is pushing an update out by early November, and moto has already confirmed bionic is getting ice cream sandwich.

Samsung left the charge in the dust. Kinda sad.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  5. sleekgeek

sleekgeek New Member

the only reason to own a droid is for freedom. you root them. then fully customize so it is YOUR phone with zero problems. that way anything going wrong can be attributed to you. if this is not the case people should have went with the iphone.
  6. ripstar42

ripstar42 New Member

I have yet to see anything good about this phone. The Battery is HORRID.