Why should I keep Asurion?

bgesullo

Reaction score
Best Buy black tie protection is so much better. Q

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

J

Johnly

Asuroin? they are banking it. It all depends on your life style/risk. It is like condoms, how much insurance do you want? I never used them, and now I am a dad ha ha, and loving it, though I think the 10 bucks a month would have been cheaper.

Jordan8

Reaction score
I don't have insurance. Just a good ole otterbox. If something does happen, I revert to an older phone. I've yet to had to do that though :).

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

J

Johnly

I don't have insurance. Just a good ole otterbox. If something does happen, I revert to an older phone. I've yet to had to do that though :).

That is the best condom made:icon_ banana:for a phone...he he

Natey2

Reaction score
There is a school of thought that suggests that you should only buy insurance on things that you really cannot afford (financially) to replace.
For me, that's like a car or a house.
I can afford to replace something under $1K, so I didn't buy phone insurance.

That said, I believe Wells Fargo MasterCard (possibly some others) will pay up to $200 if my phone is lost/damaged, if I pay my cell phone bill [automatically] using their card.
No cost for this coverage and no deductible.

Some homeowner's insurance policies will cover cell phones, but if you file a claim, the homeowner policy premium will increase so much (over time) that you will regret having made that claim for a small amount like a cell phone replacement.

thebignoob

Reaction score
Best Buy black tie protection is so much better. Q

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

This. No deductible, and flat rate of ten bucks a month. For a poor college student this is awesome. I've already had my phone replaced, only catch is that you have to wait for your replacement.

Natey2

Reaction score
I guess people damage/lose cell phones more often than I thought.
I'm on my 5th phone in over a decade, and none of them was damaged or lost.
Insurance companies love people like me who pay premiums but don't file claims, so I stopped paying premiums for the smaller items. ;)

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have always kept insurance on all of my phones. A few days ago the car my daughter drives exploded and burnt to the ground. Thankfully she was ok, but the car and contents which included her phone is gone.

OK, since your daughter wasn't hurt (thank heavens) and the only thing damaged was property, I really must ask..... Why in the world did your daughter's car explode and burn to the ground? I am just curious, since it's pretty rare these days for a car to explode for no good reason and burn up. Catch fire, yes - but explode?

Natey2

Reaction score
Natey2;1139123 That said said:
using their card.

do you know where you heard that?

because I have Wells Fargo and its a Visa Card. Do they offer a MC as well?

Yes, my WF card is a MC.
I received a paper flyer with the monthly billing.
I can't locate the flyer right now (I recall taking a pic of it, but I recently lost many pics on my phone), but here is a link:

https://www.wellsfargo.com/jump/credit_card/cellular_phone_protection

Hmmm.. the fine print above says there's a $50 deductible. Don't recall that on the paper flyer...
And coverage is only for stolen or damaged phones, not "lost" phones.
And the paper flyer didn't say anything about any special registration process; just to pay your monthly cell phone bill automatically.

Thanks for making me look this up; I need to verify some details with Wells Fargo.