Why should I choose the Motorola Droid?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
the nearest costco is 80 miles away in north carolina, so screw that lol. there def is a sams club in roanoke, but their online price is $180, so its not worth it anyway. any other ideas? and do you think if i went to verizon corporate they could hook me up with a deal on some accessories at least? i know at&t corporate will do that.
I tell you - your signature alone commands enough attention that they will at the least listen to you! ;) What have you got to lose? Good luck! :) mike
ha ha, well i wish that were the case. i saw online that verizon offers a deal on accessories. its like $40 off when you buy the media dock, GPS car mount, and car charger...which oddly are the exact accessories i wanted lol. however, i dont know if this deal holds true in stores.

oh yeah, one more question. do any of you use screen protectors on your droids? does it affect the touch screen response?

I guess it really just depends on what brand screen protector you buy really....I had a $7.99 one and ended up removing it because I found myself having to REALLY tap the screen way to hard than I should and it got so annoying!!

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
I tell you - your signature alone commands enough attention that they will at the least listen to you! ;) What have you got to lose? Good luck! :) mike
ha ha, well i wish that were the case. i saw online that verizon offers a deal on accessories. its like $40 off when you buy the media dock, GPS car mount, and car charger...which oddly are the exact accessories i wanted lol. however, i dont know if this deal holds true in stores.

oh yeah, one more question. do any of you use screen protectors on your droids? does it affect the touch screen response?

I use the stock (3-pack) screen protector from VZW. I still have the first one I installed back in November, and believe me this phone has been through the mill! Still holding perfectly, no bubbles (a couple original bubbles eventually worked their way off the screen) and the edges are not lifting at all! :) mike
well i got a 5 pack from work back when i was an at&t salesman. my bold could get 2 covers per sheet, so i think i have 3 full sheets left. just wanted to know if they had any affect on the touch screens response.

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score

I guess it really just depends on what brand screen protector you buy really....I had a $7.99 one and ended up removing it because I found myself having to REALLY tap the screen way to hard than I should and it got so annoying!!
hmm, well what brand do you recommend?

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
i got my DROID!!!!!!!! this thing is flippin sweet! :)

is there some kinda secret to getting the snap-on cases off? its always like a frickin rubix cube when it comes to removing those things.

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
i got my DROID!!!!!!!! this thing is flippin sweet! :)

is there some kinda secret to getting the snap-on cases off? its always like a frickin rubix cube when it comes to removing those things.
i found that if you pull the found piece off first the go to the unlock button and pull there while holding the sides of the case its should pop right off.

Loooney2ns

Reaction score
I use my Droid "Naked". No screen protector, no case. I carry it in a belt pouch to protect it when I'm not using it. By the way, you CAN use magnetic closing cases. If you put the screen facing out, the magnets don't affect the phone.

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
I use my Droid "Naked". No screen protector, no case. I carry it in a belt pouch to protect it when I'm not using it. By the way, you CAN use magnetic closing cases. If you put the screen facing out, the magnets don't affect the phone.
do they have swivle leather cases? id prefer a leather case for the protection and cause taking the back off my case every night to charge is getting annoying lol