WHY Root???

sk8er14

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me exactly why i should root my Droid 2 and what are the risks of rooting it.

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
the risks of JUST rooting are nil. The reasons people root their device is for customization, speed, different hacks that people release. you only take a risk when you are flashing roms. Wireless tether is a plus also. the posibillitys are endless!! But in the long run it all depends what you want from your phone!!

OP
sk8er14

sk8er14

Reaction score
Okk umm sorry for being a little slow but what's flashing rims?

Sent from my DROID2

FC127

Reaction score
Thee risk is voiding your warranty... As soon as you root, you warranty is void. Not to worry though, the people in these forums have the ability to get you out of almost any situation.

I would reccomend reading up on exactly what rooting is, how roms and themes work and are applied and about recovery.

If the task doesn't seem too daunting, make the decision for yourself. It really is about what you hope to get out of your phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
sk8er14

sk8er14

Reaction score
yea ill look into it maybe i will root sometime who knos

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Be aware that there is an issue with the Bootstraps and clockwork. If you do want to return to stock, just using a recovery of a backed up OS will fail.

Also be aware that a lot of the blooatware is needed for any updates that come in. You'll need to restore the bloatware to upgrade..

I don't personally think that rooting is a good idea for the D2. But it's up to you, all I can do is share my experience.

FC127

Reaction score
Be aware that there is an issue with the Bootstraps and clockwork. If you do want to return to stock, just using a recovery of a backed up OS will fail.

Also be aware that a lot of the blooatware is needed for any updates that come in. You'll need to restore the bloatware to upgrade..

I don't personally think that rooting is a good idea for the D2. But it's up to you, all I can do is share my experience.

Hook, what do you mean the recovery will fail? Shouldn't I be able to flash the stock backup and remove all of the root apps including bootstrapper?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You have to make sure you stay on the same system version flashing backto .15 if your on .340 will result in a brick I think that's what he refering to. Sometimes there are problems with booting into recovery to restore a backup but if your familiar with rsd lite and sbf files your ok.

Takes some getting used to but you will get it!! And we are here to help

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

wlrottge

Reaction score

I know that's your opinion, but this phone gets soooooooo much better once rooted with a new ROM. Stock SUCKS!

I liked my D1 w/Bugless better than I did the D2 till Fission really got kicking! dancedroid

Reaction score
This is why root:
korm2.png

OP
sk8er14

sk8er14

Reaction score

Then hook what launcher are you running on the d2?

b-jammin21

Reaction score
How do you get battery life that good?

Sent from my Droid using my Droid

Reaction score
Click my username and click view more posts, I just did a full writeup of my setup like 3 posts back, it should be on the first page.