Why not leave Verizon?

Fakecharles

Reaction score
Our two 2 year contacts are up. If I don't pick out new phones I'm subject to a $30 per line surcharge. So why stay?

Sprint, for instance has better looking plans. Their free phone is a Samsung Galaxy S LTE with ice cream sandwich. Good phone?

Anyone have experience switching to our from Verizon?

Natey2

Reaction score
I came from AT&T as my Carrier. I like the idea of SIM cards, but *HATED* how GSM phones cause RF interference in nearby speakers: computers, TV, speakerphones, etc.
If you work in a technical company, everybody looks around for the clown who didn't turn off his GSM phone in a meeting as soon as some speaker in the room starts emitting those annoying bips.
And sometimes there are many clowns in the room.
bip bip bip bip bippity bip bip I AM AN ANNOYING GSM PHONE FROM A SUB PAR CARRIER bippity bippity bip.
LOL.

Here's to my well-behaved CDMA phone!

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Are you talking about the $30 upgrade fee that begins April 22nd? If so Sprint's fee is actually more.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Caesars

Reaction score
Honestly if sprint does have a TD lte network where I'm living in 2014 I wouldn't even consider staying on Verizon, too pricey.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
you will pay upgrade fee/ activation fee or something else with them . i will keep my vzw service . you pay for the best .. want cheap unreliable get t mobile

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The 4 major carriers in the US have upgrade fees and verizons is the second lowest of the main 4.(Verizon, sprint, t-mobile, at&t)

heres the upgrade fee's
Verizon - $30.00
Sprint - $36.00
AT&T - $36.00
T-Mobile $16.00

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Justin 82 is right guys and girls! We should all take it cause hey, you pay for the best! Verizon can break into your home at night and take whatever they want, and if you don't like it, then go to T-Mobile! Thank heavens there's people like that out there to keep the rest of us in check.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited by a moderator:

Natey2

Reaction score
I could get Razr Maxx for around $250 now and avoid the $30 VZW upgrade fee, or I could wait for the Maxx to drop to below $99 (like the Bionic is right now at $50) and pay VZW the $30.
I think I'll wait... :)

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Chukee

Reaction score
If you have to upgrade and pay the 30 dollar upgrade fee when it comes why not do the trade in deal that verizon offers. Thats if your phone still has value of course. I know people will say they keep their old phone just in case but 9 out of 10 never need to use their old phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

nmos

Reaction score
If you can get a better price from Sprint and the service is decent in your area then OF COURSE you should switch.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I pay whoever gives me the better service. Thats Verizon and maybe AT&T.

Kids mother has Sprint and in our area...Sprint isnt too good. I think T Mo was better for her. Like with new phones....I choose which carrier has the better service for me always. Everything else comes 2nd.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I stay with Verizon because
1) unlimited data (I use 4g all the time and manage to stay under 2GB so throttling doesn't affect me)
2) 99% of my friends and family use Verizon so calling is free and I can use the lowest voice plan
3) best service in the areas I visit most frequently (especially compared to AT&T)
4) the phones they get usually interest me more than the phones on other carriers

The $30 upgrade fee is an annoyance, yes. But I sold my Thunderbolt for $210 on Craigslist when I upgraded to the Galaxy Nexus, so if the fee were in effect then, I would have made up for it. Always try to sell to a person, and not the trade-in. Someone's usually going to pay you more than Verizon thinks it's worth.