Why no Samsung Galaxy S2 on verizon

grizcoach

Reaction score
I have been waiting for quite a while now for the Samsung Galaxy S2 to come out. I was very disappointed (like many people) that this great looking phone is not being picked up by Verizon. I was wondering if anyone had an idea why Verizon wouldn't bring this phone to their lineup. That decision will make some people like me reconsider using Verizon as my service provider.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
because they feel the Bionic is enough and that Samsung has another fine available choice offered in the Charge.

that's pretty much it in a nutshell

googlelover

Reaction score
because they feel the Bionic is enough and that Samsung has another fine available choice offered in the Charge.

that's pretty much it in a nutshell
Not the truth, of course what I'm saying is just speculation also, but many believe Verizon passed up the SGS2 for the Nexus Prime rumored to be a Verizon exclusive for awhile, so it wouldn't make sense for Samsung to push out a new top of the line phone for Verizon only to trump itself in the next few months.

blackbushido

Reaction score
Hello. Speaking of Samsung, I heard that with MIUI, if you have this on your DX, you can get the puzzle piece lock screen. I wanted to know if anyone tried this on the DB and got the puzzle piece lock screen on the DB?? Thank you for your timely response

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Not the truth, of course what I'm saying is just speculation also, but many believe Verizon passed up the SGS2 for the Nexus Prime rumored to be a Verizon exclusive for awhile, so it wouldn't make sense for Samsung to push out a new top of the line phone for Verizon only to trump itself in the next few months.

That's the info I got on it, at least read on it. Of course the internet is full of nice rumors goin around isn't it?

Fact is, the SG2 isn't available on the network so whoever was looking for it is out of luck. Nexus has been a T-mobile thing if I'm correct, so I won't be surprised if Verizon doesn't pick it up. Though I have read around that the Nexus Prime is coming, not getting my hopes up though.

googlelover

Reaction score
Hello. Speaking of Samsung, I heard that with MIUI, if you have this on your DX, you can get the puzzle piece lock screen. I wanted to know if anyone tried this on the DB and got the puzzle piece lock screen on the DB?? Thank you for your timely response
..... that was extremely random
@Dezymond, Yeah I honestly don't expect the Nexus to come to Verizon either, but I've seen stranger things happen, never expected Google to actually buy Motorola but it happened/is happening.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
That's the info I got on it, at least read on it. Of course the internet is full of nice rumors goin around isn't it?

Fact is, the SG2 isn't available on the network so whoever was looking for it is out of luck. Nexus has been a T-mobile thing if I'm correct, so I won't be surprised if Verizon doesn't pick it up. Though I have read around that the Nexus Prime is coming, not getting my hopes up though.

Actually, sprint picked up the last nexus

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I just got back from the Sprint store , I played with the S2 for half an hour , the phone is amazing , compared to it Bionic looks like a disk phone . Almost switched to Sprint for it . The screen is gorgeous , lightning fast and the camera is the best I've seen