Why Nexus?

sfierro

Reaction score
So I just want to ask opinions of everyone about trading. I know RAZR owners will stand by there device and the same to GN owners
I am a proud owner of a RAZR and I find this to be the best phone I've ever owned. Its such a solid phone all around.
The only reason I'm considering a trade is because if Google is making only one phone a year, I really want that phone to be the one I use everyday. I see how much the last Nexus is still supported and how fast it received the ICS update. Am I crazy for wanting to trade one amazing phone for another because of that reason?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You're crazy to have gotten a Razr! Nah jk:D

Yes the Nexus will be a long supported device and will probably be the first to receive updates either by Google or a Developer. I went with the Nexus because I missed the support that the D1 had, my Incredible was an awesome phone, but nowhere near the D1 for me. I mean GB was like 6 months late for the device:D. The Razr is a solid device and will get ICS, but for the reason of being supported by Google, the Nexus would be the choice to go with.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know... can you throw the Nexus at a lamp post and slice it in half? Something to consider...

busab

Reaction score
Having owned a Razr for a month I can tell you that in MY opinion the Razr is a more solid phone at the moment. BUT I am keeping my Nexus for one reason. Its a Nexus! Over time with a few updates I think Google will get all the kinks worked out of ICS thus the GN will be a better phone in the long run.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Having owned a Razr for a month I can tell you that in MY opinion the Razr is a more solid phone at the moment. BUT I am keeping my Nexus for one reason. Its a Nexus! Over time with a few updates I think Google will get all the kinks worked out of ICS thus the GN will be a better phone in the long run.

I agree although i did experience data drops with the RAZR with i did not have yet on my Nexus. Had the RAZR at day one (11.11.11 - how cute Verizon) and swapped it for the Nexus at day one (12.15.11 - what took you so long Verizon) so i have had a good amount of time with both devices to compare.

busab

Reaction score
I agree although i did experience data drops with the RAZR with i did not have yet on my Nexus. Had the RAZR at day one (11.11.11 - how cute Verizon) and swapped it for the Nexus at day one (12.15.11 - what took you so long Verizon) so i have had a good amount of time with both devices to compare.

I've experienced data drops with both phones. Although some of the ones with the GN may have been because of the network problems Verizon has had lately.

captdroid

Reaction score
I've experienced data drops with both phones. Although some of the ones with the GN may have been because of the network problems Verizon has had lately.

Without a doubt the leaked updated radios improved the GN data connection. Phone reports no time at all now without a signal and the signal graph is very consistent (of course when Verizon's network is up:)). And switching between data networks is way faster.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think between the RAZR, Rezound and Nexus you can't go wrong. If rooting is your thing and you want guaranteed dev support the Nexus may be the way to go. That and a pure Google experience out of the box is why I chose the Nexus over the other 2.

honors21

Reaction score
Gave up my Razr for the Nexus and i'm glad I did to me this beats it by away mile.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

WER4GZS

Reaction score
I have the GNexus and so glad I went with it instead of the Razr. I wont go into all the reasons but one is that I'm afraid of what the Razr will do when it does get ICS. I have too many bad memories of the DroidX after it upgraded to GB last May, and how Moto seemed to ignore the issues pushing out new phones while so many were stuck with their X that they paid a chunk of change for.

OP
sfierro

sfierro

Reaction score
Besides cutting light posts in half, which ill miss, it looks like its time to look through Craigslist for a G Nex to trade. Thank you guys.

x25064

Reaction score
I have the GNexus and so glad I went with it instead of the Razr. I wont go into all the reasons but one is that I'm afraid of what the Razr will do when it does get ICS. I have too many bad memories of the DroidX after it upgraded to GB last May, and how Moto seemed to ignore the issues pushing out new phones while so many were stuck with their X that they paid a chunk of change for.

That GB update was the whole reason I rooted my X in the first place. God that was horrid, thank god for liberty rom and its awesomeness.

droid_mike

Reaction score
The RAZR is a good solid phone. They've really worked out any kinks and certainly did what they needed to do to make this a flagship phone. My only concern for you is this: what happens in a year when the battery starts flaking out from the massive amount of recharges any 4G phone is going to need? You're going to be really stuck. Especially with Motorola's history making tough looking phones who's internal hardware isn't as tough as its shell.

It was a tough call for me. The battery and the fact the Nexus is a Google phone made me choose the Nexus.