why my RAZR lag a lot anyone knows whats happening?

Sipiii

Reaction score
My phone lag a a pup up shows YouTube not responding or any other running app

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Sipiii said:
My phone lag a a pup up shows YouTube not responding or any other running app

I'm not sure I completely understand, but try booting into recovery and clearing the cache partition

Sent from my XT912 running KOA resurrection CM10 jelly bean

OP
Sipiii

Sipiii

Reaction score
Do i have to have my phone rooted? im new to this i have try to root my phone but don't have no luck thanks and advanced

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Sipiii said:
Do i have to have my phone rooted? im new to this i have try to root my phone but don't have no luck thanks and advanced

No you don't have to. Let me see if I can do this by memory. Power off phone/hold both volume keys and power key until it boots into menu/ use volume down to scroll to recovery push volume up to select/wait for image of droid on his back then push both volume keys to advance/scoll with volume keys to clear cache partition, select with power key/once cleared select reboot. Done

OP
Sipiii

Sipiii

Reaction score
Thanks it runs little bit better...

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Still having some issues though?

xtor

Reaction score
I've had the same problem, you may need to do a factory reset, if you didn't do one when you updated to ics from gb, make sure you back up everything, there are apps that will save everything, i did this and it fixed almost every issue i was having, good luck

point of origin

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
No you don't have to. Let me see if I can do this by memory. Power off phone/hold both volume keys and power key until it boots into menu/ use volume down to scroll to recovery push volume up to select/wait for image of droid on his back then push both volume keys to advance/scoll with volume keys to clear cache partition, select with power key/once cleared select reboot. Done

I've had the same problem, you may need to do a factory reset, if you didn't do one when you updated to ics from gb, make sure you back up everything, there are apps that will save everything, i did this and it fixed almost every issue i was having, good luck

point of origin

BOTH of the above are great advice, and Josh...very nice work! One other thing you might want to try is to take the OS to the "leaked" version of Ice Cream Sandwich by going to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/217843-mattyps-215-leak-classroom.html and READING!!! I can't stress enough that you need to read and read again. Don't attempt to do this until you are 100% sure that you know ALL the steps and will do them in the EXACT order written and will follow through EXACTLY as instructed. If you are even the least bit squeamish about this, don't do it, but I can tell you that the overwhelming majority of those who have upgraded to the "leaked" .215 version and who have done the Factory Restores and cleared caches as instructed are VERY happy. I might also dare to say that those who weren't happy did something wrong in the process. I am running .215 and can tell you it's worlds better than .211 (the version you are likely on).

To see what version of OS you are running, click the Menu button, go to System settings, scroll down to About phone, and then in that screen you will see at the middle a long number under System version that will look like this:

6.12.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US (or something along those lines). If yours doesn't say "XT912", STOP!! You will NOT want to flash the .215 leak as it could damage your phone.

Good luck! :biggrin:

joshxdroid

Reaction score
FoxKat said:
BOTH of the above are great advice, and Josh...very nice work!
Thank you sir!

I agree do a factory data reset. And if you install the leak, I would recommend a factory reset before and after installing. Remember to move you pictures/music/videos to your sd card to protect them from deletion.

xtor

Reaction score
FoxKat said:
BOTH of the above are great advice, and Josh...very nice work! One other thing you might want to try is to take the OS to the "leaked" version of Ice Cream Sandwich by going to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/217843-mattyps-215-leak-classroom.html and READING!!! I can't stress enough that you need to read and read again. Don't attempt to do this until you are 100% sure that you know ALL the steps and will do them in the EXACT order written and will follow through EXACTLY as instructed. If you are even the least bit squeamish about this, don't do it, but I can tell you that the overwhelming majority of those who have upgraded to the "leaked" .215 version and who have done the Factory Restores and cleared caches as instructed are VERY happy. I might also dare to say that those who weren't happy did something wrong in the process. I am running .215 and can tell you it's worlds better than .211 (the version you are likely on).

To see what version of OS you are running, click the Menu button, go to System settings, scroll down to About phone, and then in that screen you will see at the middle a long number under System version that will look like this:

6.12.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US (or something along those lines). If yours doesn't say "XT912", STOP!! You will NOT want to flash the .215 leak as it could damage your phone.

Good luck! :biggrin:

How come they haven't released 215 ota yet?or are they going to jump straight to jb

point of origin

joshxdroid

Reaction score
xtor said:
How come they haven't released 215 ota yet?or are they going to jump straight to jb

point of origin

Speculation only : going straight to jelly bean

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, I'm with Josh...I highly doubt they will officially release the .215 because they are pushing for Jelly Bean. The Razr M's got JB last month and the Razr HD's are getting theirs any day now. The original Razr's are next. Rumor is that it is happening January 2013.

Please keep in mind that if you decide to install the .215 leak, you will most likely have to return to stock .211 to get the official OTA JB update.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Way to go, Tis! Geez, with you two around, I have no work left!! :D

I have no idea why they didn't push the .215 since it is that much better than the .211, but they didn't. It must have had at least something to do with JB, but could have also been a cost factor... Soaking another update takes time and money.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
FoxKat said:
Way to go, Tis! Geez, with you two around, I have no work left!! :D

I have no idea why they didn't push the .215 since it is that much better than the .211, but they didn't. It must have had at least something to do with JB, but could have also been a cost factor... Soaking another update takes time and money.

Oh don't go disappearing too fast! There is definitely plenty need for your expertise all over this forum. Nice try, lol!

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I agree! Foxkat is the master. We're not worthy! We're not worthy!