Why must Samsung?

jplemt

Reaction score
Insist on making SMS and mms delivered notifications part of the general app notification with noises and status bar updates instead of a simple check mark next to the messages as EVERYONE else does...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
jplemt

jplemt

Reaction score
I like the delivery notifications, but not in the stock app. That's my very small dilemma.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Switch apps. I don't think I know anyone that uses any stock apps.

OP
jplemt

jplemt

Reaction score
I guess I'm creepy. Haha. I've been giving Verizon Messages+ a try, mostly due to the Wi-Fi compatibility. It seems ok so far.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You can install it on a WiFi only tablet & text from there though. Kinda neat. I tried it for a while when it first came out.

My issue is, I know all of my texts go THROUGH Verizon, but I don't really want them sitting on their servers so I can log in on my PC or any other device.

mikecox

Reaction score
You can install it on a WiFi only tablet & text from there though.
Oh, yes, cool. I have a Wi-Fi only tablet, so I could use it there, but my phone is always close by I can manage without it.

My issue is, I know all of my texts go THROUGH Verizon, but I don't really want them sitting on their servers so I can log in on my PC or any other device.
Ya, I think that would be my issue as well.

btw, what happens to text message after they are deleted? Can they ever be recalled once they are gone? I sometimes I wish I could, or at least save them for recall.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
They may still be retrievable after a delete, but not without some serious doing.

When you delete something on a computer or similar device, the data isn't actually gone until the section of the storage is written over. It may not show up, but it's still lurking there for a while.

There are apps that claim to be able to recover this data, but I haven't seen a report of any of them actually working.

I'm not sure if Verizon would have any kind of record of messages you've sent & received, but even if they do, I'd imagine they wouldn't share for just anybody/everybody.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
There are a lot of SMS/MMS backup apps out there that can achieve that.

Come to think of it...I think Samsung Kies does as well.

mikecox

Reaction score
When you delete something on a computer or similar device, the data isn't actually gone until the section of the storage is written over. It may not show up, but it's still lurking there for a while.
Ya, that is generally true, which is why it's important to wipe a drive before selling or giving your computer away

I'm not sure if Verizon would have any kind of record of messages you've sent & received, but even if they do, I'd imagine they wouldn't share for just anybody/everybody.
Let's hope (-:

mikecox

Reaction score
There are a lot of SMS/MMS backup apps out there that can achieve that.

Come to think of it...I think Samsung Kies does as well.
Well it's good to know they aren't being backed up, in some unknown place, be default!

I have Kies, but have never really checked it out; I probably should.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Well it's good to know they aren't being backed up, in some unknown place, be default!

I have Kies, but have never really checked it out; I probably should.

Kies will backup lots of things on your phone and tablets. It's under the backup/restore section.