Why it makes sense for Xoom to be $800

mewshi

Reaction score
This one is easy, think I learned it in the 6th grade- "Supply and Demand"

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

It's exactly that... People want the tabs because all of the "upper-middle" class people have one, and Apple is making their money on them too.. and will continue to after the news report I heard yesterday about them buying up a lot of the resources so other manufacturers can't make their tablets at low prices.

Uh... I do believe that sort of behavior is illegal due to that being a pretty anti-competitive tactic. Either way, it is definitely unethical.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jcolt

Reaction score
I jailbroke my Ipad and it definately helps the functionality but I will be giving it to my wife who loves it andf getting the XOOM when it comes out. I like the tablet and it is great for when you travel for media, kindle and email and doc review. The fact that there is no boot up time is key and you things can be done on the fly. Try booting up a netbook in the back of the car and waiting for windows to load teh outlook to open, etc.... Anyways, back to the point...I got the Ipad and liked it until I got a Droid X. The Droid X is amazing and to think the Xoom will be even better is what is driving me to purchase it. The lack of flash on the Ipad is a bigger deal then I thought and I truly love the widget capability of andriod which is a no go with Apple. $800 is a bit step but when you use it all the time it is worth it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope you're not saying the X is better then the iPad. The only thing it does better is take pictures and make phone calls. ;)

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
jailbreak it and have it dual boot Andy.

Yeah, that would be cool.................except you cant.

I know a jailbroken iPhone3G & S can dual boot Andy. I haven't seen or heard about it on the 4 or iPad tho. It'd be awesome, and I'm sure it'll happen sooner or later based on the fact that Apple is based on linux.

This one is easy, think I learned it in the 6th grade- "Supply and Demand"

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

It's exactly that... People want the tabs because all of the "upper-middle" class people have one, and Apple is making their money on them too.. and will continue to after the news report I heard yesterday about them buying up a lot of the resources so other manufacturers can't make their tablets at low prices.

Uh... I do believe that sort of behavior is illegal due to that being a pretty anti-competitive tactic. Either way, it is definitely unethical.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

The story is still on the front page of DF.net. Check it out:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...el-shortages-android-tablets-others-year.html

**I may have mis-interpreted the article tho, going back now to re-read it. But still, check it out, because it's all about their strategy to stop Andy.

Last edited:

jcolt

Reaction score
I hope you're not saying the X is better then the iPad. The only thing it does better is take pictures and make phone calls. ;)

No I am not saying the X is "better" than the Ipad but I am saying Android is "better" than IOs. I like the functionality of the X better than the Ipad but I do like the big screen etc.

OP
patfactorx

patfactorx

Reaction score
No it doesn't make sense when you can buy a 17inch acer laptop at walmart for 398.

What I don't understand is if tablets are taking over the netbook market....then why are they twice the cost? Further, android tablets don't even have to pay licensing fees..so I'm totally lost.

u can also buy a core i3 convertible tablet for the same price but....

don't forget that people are willing to pay top dollar for crazy things like $1k LV bags, $400 vacuums and $800 DSLRs (and they take 30 pics a year).

don't underestimate alpha consumers

Neocold

Reaction score
Bestbuy no interest financing card.... xoom here I come :)

It really is a decent price at $800 sure it would be nice if it were cheaper but it is WAY better than the ipad and just slightly more $ than the ipad 32GB counter part.....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk