Why isn't there more info on the Nexus on the verizon page?

huskyhavok

Reaction score
I know that motorolla is in the process of being bought by google and what not but why the hell isn't there a nexus and more info on it on the verizonwireless webpage? Don't kill me but i'm pretty sure galaxy nexus > razr. What's the deal?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Verizon is very good at keeping info under wraps, or at least not publicly releasing info.

The Nexus was just announced on the 18th and recently confirmed that it will come to Verizon "sometime this year". Rumor is the launch is Nov. 10, but unconfirmed of course.

Patience my friend. Info will slowly leak as the anticipated release date (Nov. 10) approaches.

googlelover

Reaction score
^^ Its not because they want to keep info under wraps, its because the Nexus isn't a phone that gets major advertising, even though it seems like the top dog for us thats because we're the hardcore android followers, but Verizon wants to advertise their brand, the Droid brand, with the Razr, so even though the nexus might be better, your going to see the Razr everywhere. And what info is there left to leak? The pricing? Thats been leaked, the date? Thats been leaked... What more do you want? Someone to "leak" the phone in a Fedex box on your doorstep? =P

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I don't think it's 10 Nov , I doubt VZ will launch such a high profile phone like Nexus same day with one of it's Droids , especially one from it's lover , Moto . I think we gonna have to wait at least one week after RAZR is released .

googlelover

Reaction score
^^ I doubt it, it may not seem like it to us, but heavy advertising should be all the Razr needs to completely outsell the Nexus. I mean if you were the average customer and someone told you that the thinnest phone is coming out on Verizon, its made of kevlar, has a steel frame, and is spill proof, wouldn't you want that phone much more than the phone that the reps will probably not want to push? The Nexus seems more like the Fandroid's phone.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
OMG ! It's made of kevlar and steel ? I had no idea . And spill proof !? I'm so getting this phone . Sammy can kiss me .

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
^^ I doubt it, it may not seem like it to us, but heavy advertising should be all the Razr needs to completely outsell the Nexus. I mean if you were the average customer and someone told you that the thinnest phone is coming out on Verizon, its made of kevlar, has a steel frame, and is spill proof, wouldn't you want that phone much more than the phone that the reps will probably not want to push? The Nexus seems more like the Fandroid's phone.

Wait, so if a customer walked in and the salesmen told him that the Nexus was a google developer phone with a pure Google Vanilla experience, Android 4.0 ICS with no blur, touchwiz and whatever other overlays there are. Then on top of that you get an *unlocked bootloader*!!! I mean, wouldn't your average customer be all over that? Kevlar's overrated... thin... Psshhh... I'm getting the Nexus!

But in all seriousness, I think that they will get _some_ attention with that amazing screen and curvy design.

And... I do confess, I wish the razr had a removable battery and that _it_ was the nexus! ;)

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!

googlelover

Reaction score
Wait, so if a customer walked in and the salesmen told him that the Nexus was a google developer phone with a pure Google Vanilla experience, Android 4.0 ICS with no blur, touchwiz and whatever other overlays there are. Then on top of that you get an *unlocked bootloader*!!! I mean, wouldn't your average customer be all over that? Kevlar's overrated... thin... Psshhh... I'm getting the Nexus!

But in all seriousness, I think that they will get _some_ attention with that amazing screen and curvy design.

And... I do confess, I wish the razr had a removable battery and that _it_ was the nexus! ;)

Well of course it will get some attention, but reps are probably going to be told to steer customers to the Razr rather then the Nexus, just because of the Droid branding and (I'm assuming/just sayin) Verizons dislike of any unlocked phone. Btw me too, if I could have the Nexus and Razr combined. I don't even want to think about that beast..

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
^^ Its not because they want to keep info under wraps, its because the Nexus isn't a phone that gets major advertising, even though it seems like the top dog for us thats because we're the hardcore android followers, but Verizon wants to advertise their brand, the Droid brand, with the Razr, so even though the nexus might be better, your going to see the Razr everywhere. And what info is there left to leak? The pricing? Thats been leaked, the date? Thats been leaked... What more do you want? Someone to "leak" the phone in a Fedex box on your doorstep? =P

Yeah that's also true, it's not a Droid phone. Had it been the Droid Nexus I bet you we would've seen loads of advertisements on TV and a bunch of signs out by the stores by now.

Other than that, Verizon is still pretty good a keeping things under wrap, when they want to, lol.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Not kept from us... Mwhahahaaha Verizon! ;)
At least we've found out enough so we aren't forced to storm their location... Yet! ;)

Ok the general public, lol.

We here at Droidforums have a bit of an addiction....:D