Why is Verizon being so Nice hooking us up with upgrades

jmurray192

Reaction score
Well alittle worry when something is to good to be true. I had my upgrades 4 months ago 2 lines. I sold my nexus 1 month after I upgraded. I used the 2 year pricing upgrade. I downgraded to non data phones and downgraded my plan. Well I want a data phone again 4 months later both upgrades gone. Called verizon told them my phones now are crap and what can they do for me. Well they said I can have my 2 upgrades again no problem and I can get the gallaxy s3 at the 2 year pricing. I should just take it and run but WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS. It just seems odd. But this is why I stay with verizon. anyone?

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
seems like they want to get you on the share everything plan

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not that i'd want it, and lose my unlimited data - BUT Verizon has never offered me a damn thing. Been a customer for 10 years now, 2 summers ago I couldn't get them to budge on an upgrade when my phone broke 3 weeks prior to being eligible. I talked to about 9 people, too.

cdm369

Reaction score
They want everybody off unlimited but they want you to do it yourself. The last thing Vzw wants is to snatch unlimited away and anger everyone. This is their way of playing nice.

Bfp

Reaction score
I took the plunge and changed over to the share everything plan unlimited talk and text messaging and 12GB data plan, BUT i didnot have unlimited data plan either. I have 2 smartphones and a MIFI(which i use for internet and was a 5GB data plan for 50 bucks amonth) and 1 basic phone and we figured out im saving about 20 bucks amonth.

loki993

Reaction score
Maybe its the silver lining to the taking away NE2? now they can "offer" you an upgrade whenever they want to and of course as always locking you into a new 2 year contract in the process. They probably return the phones you send back to the manufacturer as defective so they get their money for those regardless and they get the money for the new phone too because you will be paying for it for the next 2 years theoretically.

Last edited:

Inverse

Reaction score
Nothing Verizon does is "nice". They took my unlimited away, and now they don't give a **** if I upgrade or sod off. They really don't. I get no benefits for upgrading, and in essence it's a better deal to LEAVE Verizon at this point than stick with it. I pointed that out, like solid numbers showing that it's more expensive to stay, and I want to stay but they're giving me no reason to~ and they're all pretty much *shrug* about it. They couldn't care less. Once you're off unlimited, you'll be treated like the dirtbag they feel you are. I didn't even know about the cutoff date. I wasn't allowed to upgrade until July 7, yet the cutoff date was June 28? **** you Verizon, seriously. :/

cdm369

Reaction score
Inverse said:
Nothing Verizon does is "nice". They took my unlimited away, and now they don't give a **** if I upgrade or sod off. They really don't. I get no benefits for upgrading, and in essence it's a better deal to LEAVE Verizon at this point than stick with it. I pointed that out, like solid numbers showing that it's more expensive to stay, and I want to stay but they're giving me no reason to~ and they're all pretty much *shrug* about it. They couldn't care less. Once you're off unlimited, you'll be treated like the dirtbag they feel you are. I didn't even know about the cutoff date. I wasn't allowed to upgrade until July 7, yet the cutoff date was June 28? **** you Verizon, seriously. :/

This sucks. And all of these people trying to play these loopholes better watch out. They probably left them there to see how many people they can trick into losing their unlimited data.

loki993

Reaction score
This sucks. And all of these people trying to play these loopholes better watch out. They probably left them there to see how many people they can trick into losing their unlimited data.

They will take it away from everyone eventually I'm sure. I see them bringing back the old "that phone is not eligible for the plan your currently on" line at some point down the road, probably conveniently in about a year and a half. Don't know how many of you remember that one.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
They will take it away from everyone eventually I'm sure. I see them bringing back the old "that phone is not eligible for the plan your currently on" line at some point down the road, probably conveniently in about a year and a half. Don't know how many of you remember that one.

Absolutely remember that...when I wanted to get a new phone (lg dare I think but might have been earlier) they told me I had to switch to a nationwide plan. BS. I took it then but I won't take it again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
J

jmurray192

Reaction score
I got rid of my unlimited 4 months ago. They gave me the upgrades knowing i did not have unlimited so it was not because of this.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
weird maybe they just super nice :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Its just like the maxx they gave me... no explanation

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

aquaholic

Reaction score
A couple months back when I upgraded my text to unlimited they made me change my minutes from like 450 to 700. That made absolutely no sense to me at all. Today I also received a text trying to get me to upgrade out of my unlimited plan. Jokes on verizon though because when I updated to the RAZR something happened and I ended up not getting put in a new two year contract. So when this phone gets old I'll probably go over to T-Mobile.