1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Why is USB tethering so unreliable?

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Roms' started by GohanBurner, Oct 12, 2011.

1. GohanBurner

GohanBurner New Member

I keep tethering my phone and after awhile the USB connection will just crap out on me and I have to resort to WiFi tethering. Why is this? I don't get it.
  2. rwking

rwking New Member

What app are you using? I quit using PDANet because they limit https connectivity after a while. I was tired of not being able to get into my email or login to most sites that have user accounts. I switched to EasyTether and have not had a problem since. Additionally, you don't have to open the app and start it - it's 100% automatic, or as I like to say, automagic. ;)
  3. GohanBurner

GohanBurner New Member

Just the USB tethering inside the wireless & networks menu in settings. "stock".
  4. them0nk

them0nk New Member

Sounds stupid, but turn off all other network adapters... after I did that my tethering worked awesomely...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  5. GohanBurner

GohanBurner New Member

I've tried that, its hit or miss. When the USB connection craps out then there is no getting it back until I restart my Bionic...its a PITA.
  6. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

Sometimes USB is just flaky like that. Try plugging your USB cable into a different USB port (rear USB only, don't use the front ports for your phone).
  7. GohanBurner

GohanBurner New Member

I ditched desktops back in 2006. I have USB port right next to the power cord inlet that was put there just for charging and it flakes on all the USB ports I have. But when I reboot the phone it works again. So it must be something with the phone.
  8. buellboy9

buellboy9 New Member

If PDANet stopped working with https, it's because the trial period expired and you didn't pay for the full version. It works flawlessly on my Bionic, http, https, and I can even use my office VPN client on my laptop through the PDANet connection on my Bionic if I need to.
  9. dmilota

dmilota New Member

So, wifi/wired tethering IS working on the bionic? ive been waiting to root until i heard it was working...so its confirmed? albiet glitchy, but i can deal with that...
  10. quizzard

quizzard New Member

If your trial PDAnet stops allowing HTTPS, clock on the register now and choose either of the checkout options. It will re-enable HTTPS to get you to the checkout page. Do this every time you reconnect to re-enable HTTPS.

Wired tethering has been working w/o root. Wireless tethering is working with root.
Search tags for this page
android usb tethering crap
android usb tethering time out
aperture tethering unreliable
easy tether unreliable

galaxy s3 tethering timing out

pdanet stops tethering usb
usb tethering is unreliable
usb tethering keep on and off
usb tethering not reliable