why is this battery life so dang amazing?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by tktouch12, Jul 9, 2010.

1. tktouch12

tktouch12 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I want to try the new ultimate droid rom, but I don't want to lose my amazing battery life on bb .4. I've tried tons of roms, but this with the 800 mhz kernel gets such good battery life (and is snappier than other kernes/roms that I run at 800).
    Why is it so much better than other roms? I know pete tweaks it (so I don't need setcpu, which is great (and it stays super cool)) but what do his tweaks do?
    I assume I won't find as good as battery life anywhere because no one else does his tweaks, but what are they exactly?
    Thanks

(And this might keep me on bugless forever now as long as battery life stays good, keep up the great work, pete. No rom even comes remotely close)

2. Twista89

Twista89 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yea my phone has been lasting a good 14 hours with about 4 hours of music and the rest text messages and phone calls...

3. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lol, I get 24 hours easily anymore on Sapphire. And with me constantly themeing and testing my ports I am flashing A LOT.

Though I always get good battery life so, who knows. :D

4. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +35
    +1 for BB v4.0 with chevy kernel! One of the VERY few I've used, including Kangerade and UD Extreme Froyo, that my screen DOESN'T go crazy when charging!

5. racketier

racketier Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using BB .4 and chevy's lv 1.0ghz and I get great battery life. Usually about 24-28 hours under normal use (although I dont talk much on my phone, just some moderate texting, gaming, browsing, etc.)

Edit: 19 hours since plugged in and I'm at 40% according to the Battery Life widget (50% according to android system)