Why is there lag with Android phones, and not the iphone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ordinaryjoe4life

Reaction score
Apple closes all their apps when you exit it, with android you may have multiple apps running at one time, too many apps cause a lag

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I was being sarcastic in my post.
My D1 lags big time. Hit HOME some times and wait..And wait....

Its a 1st Gen though. Compare it'to the 1st iPhone. O wait... those are all gone.
The Incredible does not lag. Neither does the Xoom. Trust me there {as I type on a xoom}.

Reaction score
I wonder what state these lag free phones are sold in...lol. I've yet to see an android phone without lag

Securing a brighter nba/nhl future via tapatalk

Id really rather not go out and say that the people who claim "no lag" just aren't recognizing it, but that's honestly what it appears to be. I only say this because I've messed with other friends android phones and every single device I've tried out had had some degree of lag

Reaction score
^What were your friends devices?

one friend has a milestone, my dad has lg vortex, another friend has galaxy s for cellular south i believe, htc hero multiple friends, mytouch slide, mytouch 3g, uncle has the g2, i've noticed all of them have some degree of lag. obviously others have it much worse, like the hero.

EDIT: forgot to add the samsung gem

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wonder what state these lag free phones are sold in...lol. I've yet to see an android phone without lag

Id really rather not go out and say that the people who claim "no lag" just aren't recognizing it, but that's honestly what it appears to be. I only say this because I've messed with other friends android phones and every single device I've tried out had had some degree of lag

Yeah I know...same here, I've played with every android phone on verizon and they all have lag.

Soucouant61

Reaction score
Now I don't own an iphone, I own a droid. But what I tend to notice, is there is virtually no screen lag with the iphone, but on the android phones, there is always screen lag, no matter what the overclocking is. Any idea why?

It's pretty simple actually. In the following description insert iPhone where it says Apple and insert Android where it says PC. Same basic reasoning:

mac-vs-pc.jpg

Ok. somebody had to do it. iPhone V Android image attached below.

On topic, I never had lag on my D2G for the first few months. Then after adding several apps, on occasion, I now do. The difference between Apple app certification and the Google method I think. I also ride a Suzuki SV1000. Pic is the wallpaper I made.

Last edited:

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Now I don't own an iphone, I own a droid. But what I tend to notice, is there is virtually no screen lag with the iphone, but on the android phones, there is always screen lag, no matter what the overclocking is. Any idea why?

It's pretty simple actually. In the following description insert iPhone where it says Apple and insert Android where it says PC. Same basic reasoning:

mac-vs-pc.jpg

Ok. somebody had to do it. iPhone V Android image attached below.

On topic, I never had lag on my D2G for the first few months. Then after adding several apps, on occasion, I now do. The difference between Apple app certification and the Google method I think. I also ride a Suzuki SV1000. Pic is the wallpaper I made.

Lol. Good stuff.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
If your don't have lag on your Verizon phone at all I want a vid posted up on YouTube then the link posted here....and that means ANY not "c it's only got a little right here"...that doesn't mean I would take a iPhone I think just lie the pic above myself

techkabob

Reaction score
After rocking an iphone for over a year and half the lag was the first thing I noticed when switching to android.

Apple designs their hardware and software to be in complete harmony with one another and puts the user experience at the very top. Unless you have ever owned an ios device you really can't know how ios "feels"

An ios device does what you ask it too immediately and in a very fluent and natural way. An android device is more like "yeah i see you swiping your finger on the screen but your just going to have to wait a second because i'm busy updating this widget"

The result is that the user experience on android gets degraded in exchange for more background processing. The problem is 99% of people don't care what their device is doing in the background. They just want it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.