Why is the Incredible better than the Droid?

darklipslide

Reaction score
Sense UI can be seen as a gift and a burden.

I just know when I start using the onscreen keyboard, there are times where i get this strong urge to kick out the physical keyboard.

Gladly I can do it with my milestone. Can't do that on the incredible!

pinesal

Reaction score
I would get the incrediable over the droid. Only thing the droid has lacking is the camera. 8 mp should be awesome. That and N wifi. Oh yeah and processor. Other than that not much difference between the two. I just want a better camera. If you want the keyboard than wait, but like the others i rarely use it.

Why would 8 megapixels be awesome? I bet the CCD is the same size as the DROID. Pictures will likely look worse.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Interesting tidbit buried in the leaked specs from Verizon for the Incredible...

"FM Radio capable (with wired headset.)"

Of course, as many folks realize the Droid is also "FM Radio capable." The interesting tidbit is the reference to the wired headset; a requirement that actually relates to the use of the wire as an antenna for the radio. (This is a feature of the most recent model of iPod Nano, for example.)

I wouldn't be surprised to see this feature opened up for the Incredible.

Did I miss something? The Moto Droid is FM Radio capable? How do I use it?

You can't. The hardware is capable but it's not activated.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
we need something short to call the incredible. it's too long to type.

I suspect it will quickly be nicknamed "Droid2"

I'll cast my vote for the Droid Incredible shorthand is "D.Inc." (pronounced "Dink")

I still want to see how an overclocked Droid (1GHz+) stacks up to a Snapdragon processor... Benchmarks, please!

bodean

Reaction score
So I'm eligible for an upgrade in a couple of days and I had my heart set on the Droid. One of the main reasons I like the Droid is because of the physical keyboard. But now people are talking about how the Incredible will be better than the Droid. Why is this so? Should I wait a little longer and get the Incredible?

It's not. End of discussion.

Expy

Reaction score
I have had my droid for about a month and at first was not happy to learn of the incredible being released just out of my reach. (meaning by the time I could get an incredible my 30 day trial would be two weeks in the past. Now after exploring the droids capabilities all I can say is I am thankful the incredible is out of my reach! I am an official fanboy of the Droid.

mjs31

Reaction score
Wow. The amount of speculation, guessing and just plain out statements that have not been proven are crazy in this thread. Just wait until it comes out and see. I think of the Droid owners have actually started doing the thing that IPhone users have done and continue to do. Something that we all hate and make fun of....defend their phones to the point that nothing else is good. I am sure the incredible will be a very nice phone and perfect for many. No need to have to defend why you want this phone over the Droid ....physical keyboard or not. I love my Droid but do not use the physical keyboard. If the incredible shows to be a nice android phone then I will consider changing to it. Not knocking the Droid at all, I just have no reason for a physical keyboard and therefore no reason for the extra bulk.

joshbroton

Reaction score
Just bought an Incredible ... Want my Droid back

I still want to see how an overclocked Droid (1GHz+) stacks up to a Snapdragon processor... Benchmarks, please!

Just got my Incredible in the mail yesterday. After 24 hours of using it, I've come to the conclusion my wife gets it and I'm taking my Droid back.

Reasons:
1. I HATE Sense. I've never been a man of form over function. Sense = Form over Function.
2. OCed Droid is faster. I have the Droid running Bugless Beast 1.0Leak with a P3 1.0ghz kernel. So both phones are running at the same speed, and when I put them right next to each other, Droid beat Incredible in website loading, app loading and file download. My benchmark test scores are at the end of the post. I will be the first to admit the Incredible feels faster, however.
3. I have really big hands, and the Incredible feels really small in them and I am afraid I am going to drop it.

Benchmark - Droid vs Incredible (average of 5 tests)
SetCPU Short Bench - 178ms vs 312ms (lower is better... Droid wins)
SetCPU Long Bench - 692ms vs 993mhz (lower is better... Droid wins)
Linpack - 9.75 MFLOPS vs 5.963 MFLOPS (higher is better... Droid wins)

Anyone getting different results?

Last edited:

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

Just got my Incredible in the mail yesterday. After 24 hours of using it, I've come to the conclusion my wife gets it and I'm taking my Droid back.

Reasons:
1. I HATE Sense. I've never been a man of form over function. Sense = Form over Function.
2. OCed Droid is faster. I have the Droid running Bugless Beast 1.0Leak with a P3 1.0ghz kernel. So both phones are running at the same speed, and when I put them right next to each other, Droid beat Incredible in website loading, app loading and file download. My benchmark test scores are at the end of the post. I will be the first to admit the Incredible feels faster, however.
3. I have really big hands, and the Incredible feels really small in them and I am afraid I am going to drop it.

Benchmark - Droid vs Incredible (average of 5 tests)
SetCPU Short Bench - 178ms vs 312ms (lower is better... Droid wins)
SetCPU Long Bench - 692ms vs 993mhz (lower is better... Droid wins)
Linpack - 9.75 MFLOPS vs 5.963 MFLOPS (higher is better... Droid wins)

Anyone getting different results?
I'm interested why you think sense is form over function? (serious question as I've never used sense ui).

wingzofsteel

Reaction score
Purchased both Incredible and Droid

With the same dilemma, I upgrade mt phone on Friday. I've watched the reviews and read the specifications and based on the empirical evidence, I chose the Incredible. It is sleek, stylish, fast and .......looks like it would break if you dropped it once.

In my world, durability is important and so I took it back the next day (yesterday) and exchanged it for the Droid. In my opinion, there is a world of difference in the build quality.

Also worth noting, I cannot tell the difference in the speed of the processors of the two devices. At this time, I have owned both phones the same amount of time and I am enjoying the Droid experience with a lot less frustrating issues.

The most annoying issue I encountered with the Incredible was in the contact list. You touch the name and it makes a call to them immediately, as in placing your finger on the screen to scroll down. Perhaps it was user error, but I made at least 10 telephone call by error. It is a good thing I have very understanding friends. The person at the top of my contact list got the most calls.

For me it's Droid by a long shot. Not to take anything away from the Incredible, as it is a great phone as well, it just wasn't for me.

Happy phone hunting.
-----------
PR

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
With the same dilemma, I upgrade mt phone on Friday. I've watched the reviews and read the specifications and based on the empirical evidence, I chose the Incredible. It is sleek, stylish, fast and .......looks like it would break if you dropped it once.

In my world, durability is important and so I took it back the next day (yesterday) and exchanged it for the Droid. In my opinion, there is a world of difference in the build quality.

Also worth noting, I cannot tell the difference in the speed of the processors of the two devices. At this time, I have owned both phones the same amount of time and I am enjoying the Droid experience with a lot less frustrating issues.

The most annoying issue I encountered with the Incredible was in the contact list. You touch the name and it makes a call to them immediately, as in placing your finger on the screen to scroll down. Perhaps it was user error, but I made at least 10 telephone call by error. It is a good thing I have very understanding friends. The person at the top of my contact list got the most calls.

For me it's Droid by a long shot. Not to take anything away from the Incredible, as it is a great phone as well, it just wasn't for me.

Happy phone hunting.
-----------
PR

:welcome: to the Droid Forum, and thanks for your assessment. What might not work for some will work great for others.

Flandry

Reaction score
To answer the original question:

The Incredible:

• has a faster CPU.
  • has the slick-looking Sense UI with a better audio player and built-in social networking.
  • has a higher resolution camera (8MP vs. 5MP) with faster response time.
  • has a vibrant screen that uses less power.
  • has a usable FM radio.
  • has more RAM - 8GB (about 6.2 GB usable) vs. 256MB.
  • has a video output.
  • is thinner and lighter.
  • has no real keyboard.
  • is stylish in a less masculine fashion.
As countless posts have indicated, the merit of these can be debated - some may not consider certain aspects "better". There are also some concerns that other areas (battery life, signal strength, etc.) could be worse. All things considered, I still prefer my Droid. But I consider the above to be reasons others may prefer the Incredible.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
To answer the original question:

The Incredible:

• has a faster CPU.
  • has the slick-looking Sense UI with a better audio player and built-in social networking.
  • has a higher resolution camera (8MP vs. 5MP) with faster response time.
  • has a vibrant screen that uses less power.
  • has a usable FM radio.
  • has more RAM - 8GB (about 6.2 GB usable) vs. 256MB.
  • has a video output.
  • is thinner and lighter.
  • has no real keyboard.
  • is stylish in a less masculine fashion.
As countless posts have indicated, the merit of these can be debated - some may not consider certain aspects "better". There are also some concerns that other areas (battery life, signal strength, etc.) could be worse. All things considered, I still prefer my Droid. But I consider the above to be reasons others may prefer the Incredible.

It does not have 8gb of ram. It has 8gb of internal storage, and only 512mb of ram, and not all of it is usable yet.