Why is the Incredible better than the Droid?

modette

Reaction score
Most important thing as it is a cellphone is, how is the call quality??? Everything else like camera, texting, email, internet comes second in my mind.

krazyskott

Reaction score
only problem with this the incredible is the same thing with the n1..not enough people will buy it therefore not a lot of support. the n1 has a very small community compared to droid/iphone..which is why they are the 2 leading phones...the community. i dont see the incredible getting that kind of support as droid got from vz

i cant imagine how worthless my phone would be w/o DF =]
The only reason the N1 sales are so low because it's on T-Mobile which is minute compared to Verizon and also the only place to buy the N1 is from Google and not a store. I believe the incredible will sell as much as the Droid or just under.
Oh yah why the hell is it called the Droid Incredible when there is only one true Droid?

droidnut803

Reaction score
I'm gonna wait until december when I can upgrade and see where the smartphone world is then! Until then I love my Moto Droid! There is not enough spectacular upgrades to make me want something different! I like the feel of the droid, it feels sturdy! And with the rooted and OC'd ability of my droid a new processor is not really that big of a deal since I can OC above the speed of the actual output of the Snapdragon anyway, which has been said that it is only clocked to 768mhz, or something close but not over 800mhz and I'm OC'd to 1200mhz all the time. And the camera, after 5mp you can't really see much of a difference anyway unless you blow up the picture and print it out. I have a Canon powershot 10.0mp and the pics I take with my droid really compete well until I blow them up on my pc screen and even then it's very hard to tell the difference. So I'm sticking with my droid until something amazing comes out and nothing has yet!

R

Romple

Most important thing as it is a cellphone is, how is the call quality??? Everything else like camera, texting, email, internet comes second in my mind.

To me this is false.

Voice calls are in the minority of activities on my Droid.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

To me this is false.

Voice calls are in the minority of activities on my Droid.

You can make phone calls with the Droid? Everyday I find another amazing capability.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
"Better" is very subjective. You'll have 30 days to take it back if you don't like it, so try them both out. The Droid could also drop in price some after the "Inc" comes out. That's just speculation, though.

For me, personally, I've exhausted the trade-offs of the Droid vs the iPhone 3Gs, even vs the Droid Eris. The contrarian in me loves that the Droid has a unique look to it, and a more solid build. The SenseUI that HTC does is really nice, especially if you're used to the smoothness of iPhones or iTouch's, but (and this is speculative) it could limit your freedom with the phone, somewhat, especially if you like to root/custom rom and all of that. I like that I can make the Droid exactly what I want it to be - even without rooting if you're not into that. I love the desktop dock - I use it as my alarm clock/weather update/etc every night/morning.

I held an Inc at the VZW store the other day, and I was surprised at how small it seemed. It didn't feel cheap, but it didn't feel as solid as the Droid.

Bottom line, you have to figure out what's most important to you - big things and small things, b/c the small things are what make the overall experience nice. Like I said, try them both out. Try the Droid out, then take it back to VZW within 30 days and try the Inc. Then, if you want to go back to the Droid, I'm not sure what VZW's rules are for switching again... if you can with no fee, great. If you can't... you can port your account over to Sprint for a couple of days, then wait for the letter from VZW that says "sorry you cancelled, we want you back, we'll waive your activation fee and give you $50 off whatever phone you choose" (this just happened to me, but the $50 might not apply to the Inc), then move it back to VZW and with Sprint's 30 day guarantee, you should receive every penny back you paid to Sprint.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
...I held an Inc at the VZW store the other day, and I was surprised at how small it seemed. It didn't feel cheap, but it didn't feel as solid as the Droid...

Not just a subjective reaction. According to the specs the Inc is about 4.6 oz., very close to the weight of the iPhone versus about 6 oz for the Droid. Obviously, that's a plus for some and a minus for others.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Im big on a keyboard so the droid is form me. Best solution is to wait until it come out and play with them both.

BigTex71

Reaction score
Interesting tidbit buried in the leaked specs from Verizon for the Incredible...

"FM Radio capable (with wired headset.)"

Of course, as many folks realize the Droid is also "FM Radio capable." The interesting tidbit is the reference to the wired headset; a requirement that actually relates to the use of the wire as an antenna for the radio. (This is a feature of the most recent model of iPod Nano, for example.)

I wouldn't be surprised to see this feature opened up for the Incredible.

Did I miss something? The Moto Droid is FM Radio capable? How do I use it?

wernst

Reaction score
The incredible seems to be a mostly "theoretical improvement."

It's camera has more megapixels, but I'm already downsampling photos I take now, and the lens and CCD of a cameraphone is already at a disadvantage when attempting to take quality shots. How many more megapixels do I need to see washed up color, poor low-light issues, and jitter. Meh.

More RAM is a nice advantage.If I installed lots of games that consumed huge quantities of RAM I'd be very excited over this. But I don't install games and I still have 55% of my RAM free for new apps, and I already have a ton. So that's a half-Meh.

The CPU is nice, but m droid is already overclocked to the same speed. If the Incredible's CPU proves to be overclockable then I'll be impressed. Otherwise, Meh.

So overall, Meh. Droid's fine.

-Warr

BigTex71

Reaction score
I have a Canon powershot 10.0mp and the pics I take with my droid really compete well until I blow them up on my pc screen and even then it's very hard to tell the difference.

I have a Canon Powershot G11 (10 MP) and it blows the doors off my Droid's camera. If you can't tell much of a difference, then you might want to take your Canon back where you bought it and exchange it- you have a defective camera. ;)

I love my Droid, but the camera in it is really lacking. One of my few complaints.

droidnut803

Reaction score
I have a Canon powershot 10.0mp and the pics I take with my droid really compete well until I blow them up on my pc screen and even then it's very hard to tell the difference.

I have a Canon Powershot G11 (10 MP) and it blows the doors off my Droid's camera. If you can't tell much of a difference, then you might want to take your Canon back where you bought it and exchange it- you have a defective camera. ;)

I love my Droid, but the camera in it is really lacking. One of my few complaints.

Don't get me wrong Im aware my Canon is better but I was just saying that 3mp increase is not remotely enough of an improvement to get a different phone. U r right though and I should have been more clear. There is a difference from my Droid to my canon aNd I love both my Droid and canon but like I was saying three megapixels is not a huge jump. I would rather see camera function instead of mega pixels like better zoom capabilities and better focus.

Shelooga

Reaction score
we need something short to call the incredible. it's too long to type.

I suspect it will quickly be nicknamed "Droid2"

i say DroidInc

other than the camera and processor, i dont think theres much internal difference. i agree with many that i got the droid over the eris bc of the keyboard, but now never use the keyboard. only while im driving. i think ill wait for the next big splash to happen; and i dont think the incredible (aka DroidInc) is a step ahead of droid. and when you factor in all the goodies mine has, well theres just no beating it. dorid gets what droid wants

drinking margaritas banging senoritas!