Why is the Incredible better than the Droid?

iPirate

Reaction score
What if the droid was renamed "most amazing droid" would you think it is better then?

eliassami5

Reaction score
i like the look of the back, but its too round and "iClonish" for me tho. The camera should be amazing if its anything like the HTC Desire's camera. The Desire dosent have voice recognition like our DROID and the Nexus one does so i'm pretty sure the Incredible wont have it if thats of any importance to you. The physical keyboard gets better over time on the DROID and i really dont mind it now, its great when you just dont feel like using swype.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love the fanboys that need to get the latest and greatest. There are new phones coming out every day... are you going to upgrade every month?

It's silly. The Droid does everything I can think of wanting. And it's got a keyboard and looks cooler than anything else out there.

And it's not cheap plastic.

xliderider

Reaction score
If the Incredible's radio is as good as the Eris' then it isn't as good as the one in the Moto Droid. My wife's Eris drops calls where we live, my Moto Droid doesn't.

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
The Incredible looks too much like a hunk of plastic to me. Almost every cellphone out there is 99% plastic and it makes them so fragile! One of my favorite features of the droid is how sturdy it is. And there have been several forums on here about droids taking huge falls that would have shattered a regular old hunk of plastic but the droid laughed at it. Sure the Incredible has that interesting 1 Ghz snapdragon, sense ui and friend stream. The incredible in essence is a N1 only with a different shell a better camera and sense ui. And the comparisons between the N1 and Droid i have seen say that because of the Droid's GPU it balances out. I can guarantee you in a few months the droids hardware will be considered ancient but i will still keep using it because it is a phenomenal phone. I mean look at the iPhone it is very dated but people are still buying it. Technology today is moving so fast all it takes is a month or two for something to be "outdated". If you wait around for the next great thing you are never gonna get another piece of technology again. I think the Incredible is the perfect example, its already overshadowing the N1 and that hasn't been released yet for verizon.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I love the fanboys that need to get the latest and greatest. There are new phones coming out every day... are you going to upgrade every month?

It's silly. The Droid does everything I can think of wanting. And it's got a keyboard and looks cooler than anything else out there.

Having a keyboard isn't exactly good if you dont use it. For me its just one more thing that could possibly break. It looks cool but so does the incredible. If they can afford to get the latest and greatest every time something better comes out then more power to them. I love my droid but if i could afford an incredible I would get one.

iPirate

Reaction score

Having a keyboard isn't exactly good if you dont use it. For me its just one more thing that could possibly break. It looks cool but so does the incredible. If they can afford to get the latest and greatest every time something better comes out then more power to them. I love my droid but if i could afford an incredible I would get one.
Why?What does it have over the Droid?

trumpet444

Reaction score
it'd be cool if my droid had a stock 1ghz processor. then i'd o'clock it to 2ghz!!!! (if possible)............that's my only jealousy, is the processor.....and maybe the 8mp cam

eliassami5

Reaction score
it'd be cool if my droid had a stock 1ghz processor. then i'd o'clock it to 2ghz!!!! (if possible)............that's my only jealousy, is the processor.....and maybe the 8mp cam

i thought the Incredibles processor was underclocked to 750mhz? or was that false info?

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
i like the look of the back, but its too round and "iClonish" for me tho. The camera should be amazing if its anything like the HTC Desire's camera. The Desire dosent have voice recognition like our DROID and the Nexus one does so i'm pretty sure the Incredible wont have it if thats of any importance to you. The physical keyboard gets better over time on the DROID and i really dont mind it now, its great when you just dont feel like using swype.

Voice recognition is a function of Android 2.1, unless you're talking about a different voice recognition. I'm 99.9% sure the Incredible will have it. In fact, I'm close to positive I read about it in the manual already.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

i thought the Incredibles processor was underclocked to 750mhz? or was that false info?

The final release info indicates that underclocking didn't happen. They let the processor run at full speed.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
One thing I'm curious about, I've been following this and a few other threads. Most posts are pretty neutral, but there are a few basically slamming people because people are saying they think the Incredible will be better than the Droid or taking shots at people because they are leaving the Droid for it. Its like a personal affront to them. Really, is it that big of a deal that some are talking about switching or that the phone is different from the Droid?

Look at it in all honesty, there are aspects of the phone that damn well better be better than the Droid by virtue of the release of a new piece of equipment. Why would Verizon release a premium phone with less performance than another phone in the field at the same price? Especially releasing it after learning from the first machine and improving the technology. If they haven't stepped it up, they're failing as a company.

Each phone has its positives and followers. Its really not necessary to start the fanboi comments and such just because someone wants the newest equipment. If someone can afford it, so be it.

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
One thing I'm curious about, I've been following this and a few other threads. Most posts are pretty neutral, but there are a few basically slamming people because people are saying they think the Incredible will be better than the Droid or taking shots at people because they are leaving the Droid for it. Its like a personal affront to them. Really, is it that big of a deal that some are talking about switching or that the phone is different from the Droid?

Look at it in all honesty, there are aspects of the phone that damn well better be better than the Droid by virtue of the release of a new piece of equipment. Why would Verizon release a premium phone with less performance than another phone in the field at the same price? Especially releasing it after learning from the first machine and improving the technology. If they haven't stepped it up, they're failing as a company.

Each phone has its positives and followers. Its really not necessary to start the fanboi comments and such just because someone wants the newest equipment. If someone can afford it, so be it.

I would love to see how they compare performance wise. But i must say, can't we all just get along and bash the iPhone :D in the end we are all just part of the Droid army!

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

I would love to see how they compare performance wise. But i must say, can't we all just get along and bash the iPhone :D in the end we are all just part of the Droid army!

Exactly! :rockon:

eliassami5

Reaction score

Voice recognition is a function of Android 2.1, unless you're talking about a different voice recognition. I'm 99.9% sure the Incredible will have it. In fact, I'm close to positive I read about it in the manual already.

The Desire is running Android 2.1 and dosent have voice recognition...heres a vid. And since the Incredible is also manufactured by HTC i predict it will also be left out.

Skip to 3:10
[video=youtube;Ec5rSL7HWc4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec5rSL7HWc4&feature=channel]YouTube - HTC Desire vs Google Nexus One[/video]

Last edited: