Why is Nexus one extended sleek and droids ugly?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by searayman, Mar 30, 2010.

1. searayman

searayman New Member

Why is the sedio extended for the nexus one built so much better into the design of the phone while, the droid version is just ugly and has no design elements at all?
  2. LtKen

LtKen New Member

Why is searayman trolling for attention?

The phones are two by two different manufacturers. I happen to think the Droid looks great in it's own utilitarian way. It's all in the eye of the beholder. Get an N1 if you're not happy with what the Droid looks like.
  3. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

I personally think the Droid is a great looking phone, one of the best looking ones in fact, especially on Verizon's network. The "dumbphones" all look like toys to me and the Droid really sticks out. The N1 looks cheaper to me with all that grey plastic.

Droid doesn't need a case, just some good ol' TLC and careful handing. Don't cover up the phone with those ugly cases.
  4. searayman

searayman New Member

I would rather not have words put in my mouth. I said the seido extended battery door was ugly, never mentioned the droid was ugly. I mentioned sedio seemed to put more effort in designing the sedio casing for its extended battery then they did on the droid.

I am not looking to start a fight online, I was bring uup a point to discuss. Either understand what a person is posting before you personaly attack them or better yet just be a little mature and hold your tounge next time if you not going to add a productive comment to the discussion.

Very Respectfully,

Mike
  5. crspang

crspang New Member

I agree, the hunchback of notre dame look is not too appealing.
  6. 19thumper76

19thumper76 New Member

i think the with design of the droid its the only possible solution, just look at the size of the oe batt door its small to begin with, then on top of that u have the camera that sits right above it and the speaker right below it. then add in the kickers on the upper and lower parts of the back i dont think there was any other solution
  7. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider Member

I have to say I hadn't a clue you were talking about the Extended Battery on your first post... You were not clear at all about your question.
  8. eliassami5

eliassami5 New Member

maybe instead of saying "the sedio extended" you could have said "the sedio extended BATTERY", maybe that could have avoided some confusion and ugly posts..i thought you were comparing the phones looks at first.
  9. iPirate

iPirate New Member

Droid is for men

Nexus One is for women

I stand by my post.
  10. DC4MVP

DC4MVP New Member

At first I thought he was complaining about how the Droid looks. Then I thought he was complaning about how ugly the cases are for the Droid. Now...I have no idea what he's talking about.

Look, just about every smart phone is rounded and pretty....they're all girlish.

Give me this man looking Droid ANY day.
  11. Laramie

Laramie New Member

1) The Sedio extended battery door for the Droid does look like a polished turd. Function over form is an understatement.
    2) I knew what the OP was talking about. The looks...or lack thereof of the Seidio extended doors for various products have been discussed on many forums.
  12. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt New Member

I must agree with the OP. Thats why im waiting for them to release the SLIM extended battery. I dont want to add any more bulk on my phone. And i damn sure dont want my phone to also double as a picture frame because with that big battery sticking out you could use it as one.
  13. takeshi

takeshi New Member

As stated earlier in this thread, it's a matter of form over function. That and the battery doors for the 2 devices are very different (also stated earlier). The N1's curves around the top and sides of the N1 whereas the Droid's is a flat square completely on the back of the Droid. It's definitely easier with a door like the N1's to make an extended door that better follows the contours of the device.

Compare this:
    [​IMG]

To this:
    [​IMG]

I do agree that it would have helped to say "Seidio extended battery" for clarification, not that people seem to bother to actually read posts anyway...

This:
    Innocell 2600mAh Extended Life Battery

Versus this:
    Innocell 3200mAh Extended Life Battery
  14. gruve

gruve New Member

droid looks unique, built well and mechanical, n1 looks like every other plastic phone on the market. only thing i like about the n1 is the lightness compared to the droid.
  15. Sweettooth

Sweettooth New Member

Trust me, seen a woman who slapped a pink cover on her Droid...doesn't look too manly anymore. :-/
  16. machineheadg2r

machineheadg2r New Member

the keyboard is why the droid looks the way it does.