Why is my LTE device dropping in data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
1) If the device is not staying connected and constantly dropping data it could be a hardware issue.

Solution: Change out devices. Try doing an exchange and if you still experience constant drops you may need to look at swapping to a different handset all together (ie from Nexus to razr).

2) 4g has been working fine but lately I am getting no connection, mms fails, and sometimes calls will not connect

Solution: Swap out sim cards.

3) My 4g works great but out of no where it drops off for 2 mins.

(edited)

But its happening more than twice a day. Call a tech they may need to reset the provisions in your phone to make sure its locking on to the towers. Also as OEMS learn more about the network they are building better radios and more efficient processors to lessen the time it takes to switch.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Stickie^^^

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Very nice. Thank you for your effort on this. Since i have bragged on bionic in other thread. I have experienced drops :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Some great info in here, thanks for posting PC.

Let's hope people read the sticky now....

Reaction score
This is interesting info.

Edit: this had been happening for me and I called Verizon tech (I had to talk to them about something else as well) and the rep said that for Verizon anyway, this part is untrue:

More and more people are buying lte devices causing more congestion. The idea of switching people from tower to tower is designed so you do not lose data completely or for long periods of time.

He said they are nowhere near capacity on their 4G LTE Network.

I will not address concerns about the honesty of Verizon techs. :icon_ devil:

Last edited:
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is interesting info.

Edit: this had been happening for me and I called Verizon tech (I had to talk to them about something else as well) and the rep said that for Verizon anyway, this part is untrue:

He said they are nowhere near capacity on their 4G LTE Network.

I will not address concerns about the honesty of Verizon techs. :icon_ devil:

When the tech gave me info that was about a year ago. You could be right think the problem had more to do with my nexus than the towers. co worker has a n2 and he has not experienced any drops. I am on at&t now but I will edit my op.

danialgoodwin

Reaction score
By the way, has anybody tried an app called LTE Discovery? One of the modes it has is to "Cycle only when not connected to LTE". It works for reconnecting to LTE and hunting for LTE in an area (rather than waiting for the default 30 minute search-for-a-better-network).

It basically automatically toggles airplane mode on then off, so that the device will try to re-connect to the best network available in that area. Aka, the app resets the cell radios.

Disclaimer: I am a contributing developer to the LTE Discovery code. I would say more, but I don't want this post to be considered as spam. I think this is another solution for when people and their devices lose LTE connection.

elizabethmccollough

Reaction score
some info about LTE...... The LTE format was first proposed by NTT DoCoMo of Japan and has been adopted as the international standard.[2] LTE standardization has matured to a state where changes in the specification are limited to corrections and bug fixes. The first commercial services were launched in Sweden and Norway in December 2009[3] followed by the United States and Japan in 2010. More LTE networks were deployed globally during 2010 as a natural evolution of several 2G and 3G systems, including Global system for mobile communications (GSM) and Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) (3GPP as well as 3GPP2).

smithrobart56

Reaction score
In the event the tech offered myself details that's concerning recently. You may be correct imagine the situation got far more about my nexus versus systems. company staff member includes a n2 in addition to he has not seasoned virtually any lowers.

KaChow

Reaction score
This will work only on Samsung devices on Verizon's Network.

If you are interested in tinkering around with your device and finding out what type of coverage you currently have running under Verizon go to your Dial Pad and enter this dial code *#0011# this will bring up the ServiceMode. What you are looking for is in the first line after-> LTE RRC:IDLE BAND:_ it should either be a 13 or a 4. If it is a 4, then you are running pure LTE at 1700Mhz, which if your device is capable of running XLTE then you can run XLTE on this channel as well. If it reads 13 then you running the old Band 700Mhz (your device may show 4GLTE, but Band 13 is old platform.)

If your curious to know the strength of your signal go down to the RSRP:-___ the higher the number the worse the coverage (under 90 tends to be excellent coverage)

If dial options do not work, may need to enable them.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Another link to Epson Support? How does that relate to this thread?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.