Why is my computer picking up calls from my Droid Razr all of a sudden?

Newyawksue

Reaction score
For some reason, I lost the synchronization between my Droid and my Dell Alienware computer recently, and had to re-download the Motocast software and re-synch it. That must've changed something, because it's never done this before! It's really annoying!!!

What setting did this? And how do I UNDO the setting??
Windows 7, 64-bit system.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You are saying the computer is "ringing" and answering calls that are coming into the phone? :blink:

Hidden feature? Prank? Not enough sleep (JK :p).

Seriously, I don't think (or didn't think) that answering calls from the computer was a "Motocast" feature, but then I've not researched it.

Xander Crews

Reaction score
Well, I use Google Voice and when I have gmail open and I receive a call, that app rings on my computer and I can answer it.

You don't happen to use Google Voice do you?

Sent from my HTC Android Rezound using Forum Runner.

OP
N

Newyawksue

Reaction score
Yeah, that's EXACTLY what it's doing. I had no idea that was happening at first. I was on the other side of the house, and I saw my phone light up as if it had just answered a call, except when I (gingerly) said hello, there was nothing. But when I walked into my kitchen where my computer was, having re-dialed the number that had called (and hearing no ringtone ... just seeing that I was on the call), I heard the voice coming out of my computer! And when I 'talked to it' (is anyone watching me do this, I wondered??), they heard me and we had a conversation!! Until i rebooted my computer, the same thing continued to happen. And it did it again today!! Had to shut my computer off to make a call. But right now, it's fine! IS THAT NOT CRAZY??? Any ideas??

And, I am signed into google email quite often, but I don't have google voice. I DO have skype, but it wasn't on when this was happening. And I checked the applications/processes running with task manager and didn't see anything suspicious.