Why is my battery draining and getting so hot recently?

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
I've been web browsing and listening to music for half an hour and my battery went from 100 to 70. Yesterday I installed SetCPU and I think that's responsible for my problems. I have it set to underclock my phone when the battery gets hot or low. But before installing SetCPU my battery did not drain or overheat this fast. Is there some setting I can change to fix this? My phones been overclocked to 1300mhz for long time via milestone overclock but I've never had these battery problems before.

AlexSB

Reaction score
When you were web browsing was it on wifi or 3g?

Liberated Droid II

louy99

Reaction score
Do you have profiles setup with setcpu?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

AlexSB

Reaction score
That's weird I haven't had any issues with SetCPU and I've been using it for almost 2 months now. The heating problems with my D2 I find happen in the compartment above the battery, the rectangular space which holds the lens, but the battery always stays cool. Usually anything done over 3g extensivly brings heating, usually on wifi I'm ok though

Liberated Droid II

AlexSB

Reaction score

Oh yea and make sure you check the Enable box after setting the profiles

Liberated Droid II

OP
DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood

Reaction score

Yes it underclocks my phone when the screen's off, the battery's <50, and the temperature's >50°C.

OP
DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
That's weird I haven't had any issues with SetCPU and I've been using it for almost 2 months now. The heating problems with my D2 I find happen in the compartment above the battery, the rectangular space which holds the lens, but the battery always stays cool. Usually anything done over 3g extensivly brings heating, usually on wifi I'm ok though

Liberated Droid II

That's where my phone gets hot too I just thought the battery was responsible for it.

Khiraji

Reaction score

Liberated Droid II

That's where my phone gets hot too I just thought the battery was responsible for it.

Same thing happens to mine when doing lots of stuff on 3G. My guess is that's where the radio (or some component thereof) is, and nothing kills battery like excessive (or unnecessary) 3G. Try disabling SetCPU, and/or keeping a watchful eye on anything potentially using your 3G radio.