Why is it that....

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Jim 777, May 19, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    ...when someone asks me for something, whether it's something I've made, someone else has made, or a "How'd you do that", I don't hesitate to share. I think that's the cool thing about this forum. I also notice that it's easy to do when you see so much of it going on here, people making everything from ROMs to icons packs.

But yet I am batting 0% when it comes to one thing. Some people will create something like an icon or widget smoked glass background and offer it up to who ever would like it, but when I politely ask for how it's made or for a copy of the Photoshop file used, I don't even get the courtesy of an answer. I've given mine out without hesitation.

What gives?
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +30
    some people are just not as caring as you

if it makes u feel any better, if i made icons or themes, you could have them :) (no homo)
  3. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I offer all my stuff to anyhone. Heck I even posted all my .pdn files for the theme I was working on. If you need something I can try and help.
  4. garrett

garrett Silver Member Theme Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +4
    some people just have their heads stuck where the sun don't shine.

when i make something whether its a simple icon or a complex script i'm more then happy to offer it up for the community. I think part of this comes from the fact that i'm a long time Linux user and it wouldn't be where it is if nobody shared.
  5. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I was just looking to see how the typically square or round icons are made as well as the smoked glass.

For example, and in no way am I indicated I asked him, Matth3w's box icons. When i look at the layers and their properties, there's a lot to learn. Same goes for the glass. I've been trying, but just come up with flat looking gradients. Unfortunately I don't use PS nearly as much as I'd like. There's a lot it offers that I haven't even touched on.
  6. AmericanNomads

AmericanNomads Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just wanna say you have helped me everytime I have asked you question and I got your icon packs and use them and love them. I definitely appreciate what you've contributed to this board and are a big reason why this is the best board out there. Thanks for the hard work
  7. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    I find that

Some may know what they are doing and they find it hard to explain it over and over to help others. Im in no way saying its bad or they are a bad person cause of it. But I do understand it gets hard to keep telling people over and over about it.

That is the reason we are trying to put more info together about all this sort of thing and keep all in one section so other's dont have to search day and night for info about whatever it might be they are trying to do with there phone.

Yes some help out alot and yes some go above and beyond what other's will do. No need to hold it against the people that dont help as much. Maybe they are only browsing while at work or they just dont have the free time just my opinion again so please dont byte my head off J/k.

I agree 100% this is the best site by far so far I've found for people that wil help out, yes xda guys do so much for us but and I dont hold this against them in any way shape or form. I find that there are more rude peope in there forums. Maybe they just been at it longer and dont want to be bothered by newbies not sure.
  8. armeddroid

armeddroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Ego = Self Schedule
    If its not in THEIR schedule, they dont care.
    Karma is a mofo, tho.
    :D
  9. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Agreed, but I'm not asking for anyone to explain the steps on creating the smoked glass background or icon, or even make one for me, I just want the layered PSD file. I'll fiddle-fart around with it and learn much on my own.
  10. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    ah thats above and beyond my capabilities :) but I'll keep watching and reading to keep learning more each day :)
  11. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    So MAD, since i got you here and there's no answer over there, where does the PNGs for the phone buttons reside?
  12. gszeman

gszeman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I feel you on this one...I have 240+ posts, and most of those, except for the ones I made in my first couple of weeks have been posts where I try to help people having issues that I know about (which admittedly isn't much!). My inbox is pretty much full of PM's from people requesting that I help them get their layouts to look like mine or where and how did I get that icon etc...my outbox is full of answers.

So, I wanted to learn a bit more about theming apps and resigning them etc...so I googled some info on it...tried a few things and was stuck with some errors...I posted this: A little help theming apps...please :) and have had about 60 views and no responses...kinda frustrating, but I'm still googling and looking for my answers.

Like a few other have said, I've found your posts helpful...good luck on getting your answers!
  13. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Phone.apk for dialpad while on a call and contacts.apk for the dialer itself.