Why is it I can't change my wallpaper?

akimp234

Reaction score
So I tried changing my wallpaper like I always do, either long press homescreen, in settings, or by going to gallery and doing a "set as", and it only changed my lockscreen after I reboot and doesn't change the wallpaper of my unlocked screen. Why is that?

Anyone else have this problem?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
this is a common problem, sometimes a reboot does the trick, sometimes restarting your launcher can do it...i don't know what causes it but mine has been working fine now so i'm not going to mess around with it, but on previous versions i saw this behavior

Skull One

Reaction score
So I tried changing my wallpaper like I always do, either long press homescreen, in settings, or by going to gallery and doing a "set as", and it only changed my lockscreen after I reboot and doesn't change the wallpaper of my unlocked screen. Why is that?

Anyone else have this problem?

Well since Blackdroid uses ADW's source and calls it UD Launcher, lets assume that he hasn't tweaked the code enough to do any real damage.

So if you have the Launcher in lock mode to keep the so called "constant redraws" from happening, guess what one of the side effects is? That's right, the wallpaper is locked in memory to keep the redraws down.

Now if Blackdroid was smart and didn't mess with the code too much, you should be able to find the "Restart ADW" or whatever he renamed it to and click on that to force the wallpaper to unlock and properly redraw.

OP
A

akimp234

Reaction score
Yea that didn't work. I should mention I am using Launcher Pro. I never had this problem with any other rom though.