Why I love my Charge...

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by pattikate, May 29, 2011.

1. pattikate

pattikate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've owned the Samsung Droid Charge since its release. It's my first ever Smartphone. After much debate and thorough research, I chose the Charge and I haven't looked back. Simply put, I'm in love with my phone. Here's a few reasons why.

Obviously, the display is a huge factor. It's gorgeous and I love the color saturation.

I've had no issues with the 4G connection, and my phone seems super fast when web browsing.

I find the camera and video capabilities to be awesome. It takes clear, crisp, beautiful pictures with gorgeous color saturation.

Having been a feature phone user for way too long, I expected the battery on the charge to be sub-par. To my surprise, I generally get about 10 hours of use with moderate to heavy use of web browsing, some camera usage, checking emails and downloading or playing some games. Can't ask for more in my opinion.

Plus, I've learned the tricks to make my battery last longer. Besides the recommendations of turning screen display brightness down, disabling Bluetooth and GPS when not in use, etc., a few other tweaks are helpful as well. Rather than have everything auto sync, I disable mobile data (the pull down notification bar gives you the option) when I'm not using the Internet. Then when I want to get back online to check weather, emails, or whatever, I enable mobile data and simply refresh my weather or emails. Hey, if it will extend my battery life, it works for me.

Also, it's easy as pie to toggle between 4G and 3G if you wish. Just go to Applications>Settings>Wireless&Network>Mobile Networks>System Selection. Choose CDMA Mode if you prefer 3G. It might improve the battery somewhat. To return to 4G, you just check LTE =Automatic. Simple, huh?

All things considered, I wouldn't return my Charge and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

I'd like to ask Charge owners what they love about their phone?

2. elucid

elucid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Pretty much everything you said. :)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

3. ronlsjr

ronlsjr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I like everything about my new droid charge its awsome. It just dont have gingerbread and not able to root it yet that is the only thing that disapoints me. Give the devs a little time and we will get root and new roms hopefully gingerbread 2.3.4.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

4. brad92

brad92 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +16
    I wish I had an upgrade... I'd have a Tbolt or Charge instead of my retarded Droid X

Sent from my DROIDX

5. devinhfox

devinhfox Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds nice, I'd have it right now if it weren't for the button 'issue'.
    Man they really f'd that up with the huge gap between the screen and the retro pushbuttons. Its hard enough to use a 4.3inch screen one-handed to begin with.

6. bplewis24

bplewis24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice to read a thread where somebody is happy with their product and not complaining about every mundane detail.

Brandon

7. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm actually a big fan of the old school 'push' buttons.

8. devinhfox

devinhfox Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I like them too. Not as much as capacative, but I like em.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

9. Phlack

Phlack New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I love the buttons... They don't get pressed while in my pocket while riding around town...I'm digging this phone right now!

Sent from my modded Charge

Search tags for this page

i love my droid charge and ipad

samsung charge battery tweak