1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Why haven't u rooted your Droid?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by tyroniousdex, May 1, 2010.

1. tyroniousdex

tyroniousdex New Member

I have had my Droid for 3 months. I rooted it about 10 days ago. I flashed through rds lite and used sprecovery for a couple of days. Not a problem got familiar with the reboot and recovery functions. Not hard just unfamiliar. Any way found Rom manager, and OH MY GOD. I have installed well over 10 different roms. I decided on Mr. Jrummy and his Cyan Theme v7.It is a very balanced rom . Does a good job with performance and customizations.The selection of rooted apps are much more efficient (autokiller and clear cache) than their non-rooted counterparts. Just to keep this tight,I have a custom font(Final Frontier),i uninstalled All apps that i do not use, i have 3d launcher (extremely delicious!!!), I am overclocked(800/250), I am extremely efficient(autokiller), i have a black notification bar. This list is long. If you actually saw a rooted phone in action not just the screen shots i promise that you will root and you won't go back. Thanks for all of the information. i learned alot. My phone is the ****.
    Last edited: May 1, 2010
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Some find no reason too...It's like modding cars...Some feel the need others don't.
  3. tyroniousdex

tyroniousdex New Member

It was directed for those on the fence. I trolled all of the droid forums and youtubed hard for about a week before i pulled the trigger. Alot of the posts regarding noobs and root seem to revolve around alot of uncertainty and flat out unfamiliarity. I just wanted to let the noobs know(me included) that all of the info is here,and it is easier than you think.Also very rewarding payoff for this kind of phone I-who?
  4. warrior21

warrior21 New Member

Some people just don't want all the hassle that can com with flashing roms and dealing with the problems that can arise from it. The droid is an amazing device in its stock form and although I personally like the droid rooted and it would be hard to go back to stock I have been on the other side of that fence and understand the hesitation or the complete lack of care about rooting. Then there is the whole warranty issue. I say to each his own.
  5. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

I could root if I wanted, just haven't bothered ...

My apps are backed up, contacts as well, just haven't decided to take the time to go do it, etc. Enjoy my Droid as is, but when I finally tire of it. I'll root to OC and get it going.
  6. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I had my phone a week before I rooted. I woulda rooted it sooner but my GF didnt have a phone and was using mine. I'm glad I rooted. Some ROMs have some very good features that I couldnt resist. Some get custom ROMs for the looks, me its the features.

Rooting and being able to underclock to save battery life? Who doesnt want to save battery life?
  7. re410

re410 New Member

I don't have the need

None of the custom ROMs add any features that I'm interested in. Stock handles what I need just fine.
  8. paganhobbit

paganhobbit New Member

I was going to after going to 2.1, but then figured out I'd lose my Homerun Battles stuff in the process of going back to 2.0.1 and then rooting it from there. Not really sure I'd get any benefit from rooting anyway, because I like the stock rom pretty much as it is and don't want to overclock.