why hasn't Verizon updated us to jellybean yet?

joko628

Reaction score
As much as I love the Android Os I have to give apple some credit at least when they update their Os it happens at the same time for everyone, has nothing to do with carriers

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
As much as I love the Android Os I have to give apple some credit at least when they update their Os it happens at the same time for everyone, has nothing to do with carriers

That may not be so much "Apple's" doing as it is their careful selection of carriers and their dominating position in the market for so long. They pretty much demanded what they wanted and the carriers were all to happy to oblige. That domination is waning and Android has taken center stage. It's only a matter of time before the carriers start flexing their muscles in the Apple Orchard. Time to reach beyond the low-hanging fruit.

OP
J

joko628

Reaction score
You make a very good point I just don't get it android Os is awesome and is truly amazing being open source and the carriers have to ruin it. They should let us get the updates as they come out and then add their bloatware. I imo

Wiscottsin

Reaction score
FoxKat said:
That may not be so much "Apple's" doing as it is their careful selection of carriers and their dominating position in the market for so long. They pretty much demanded what they wanted and the carriers were all to happy to oblige. That domination is waning and Android has taken center stage. It's only a matter of time before the carriers start flexing their muscles in the Apple Orchard. Time to reach beyond the low-hanging fruit.

Very well said!!!

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apple has a one of a kind product and product strategy. They really do. With only ONE of its kind, it holds a lot of power, when Apple moves, carriers move.

With Android, there are so many phone manufacturers competing for space, the carriers get to move first.

And believe it or not, its the Carriers who demand the skinned versions of Android, specially Verizon, which is why for one Verizon has to approve each and every update build, and if Verizon isn't happy, they just move on with another manufacture who will happily oblige to carrier requirements [carriers require the skinned versions of Android because it helps keep product diversity up and a larger selection of pros and cons for each device; imagine if all Android phones ran stock vanilla Android? Boring.].