Why hack the Eris? 2.1 begins on the 13th

Android1983

Reaction score
I was wondering why everybody is hacking/ruining their phones? Most hacked Eris users cant even use Google Maps, which IMO the greatest feature because the Navigation. I was told that the update is rolling out like they did to the Droid
April 13th a couple thousand will receive the update with more to follow around midnight
April 14th Bug day!!!! No updates will be sent
April 15th Global hysteria!!!! Welcome to the HTC 2.1 era for the rest of the world

OP
A

Android1983

Reaction score
I was told this by 4 Verizon reps from 3 stores! i was going in to see about upgrading to the Droid cause in my line of work Google Navigation will be awesome to have and they said, "Whats the point? You will have the 2.1 update by the 15th." I called BS on that one and went to the other two Verizon stores and they said the same thing so i think the time has FINALLY come

jhdz06

Reaction score
There will not be a udate for the Eris, there just going to kill it off and make the eris 2 already installed with the 2.1 firmware, its really called the "HTC INCREDIBLE" BUT IT'S the same phone concept, but yea no update, official release of phone will be Monday.

OP
A

Android1983

Reaction score
I hope they do both then. That would suck as I was told to keep my phone cause I would receive the update. Surely they would have tried to make $$$ off me and they couldve said monday you need to buy the Eris 2, instead they mentioned the update. Ill keep my fingers crossed

dishnu

Reaction score
Just got back from getting a Eris for my Mom LOL the Rep at the store Told me that it was already out... then I showed him on the phone where it said Ver 1.5 and then he shut up. was very Quiet after that.

ytwokc5

Reaction score
Installed 2.1 last week on my wifes eris. Did not root. It has been trouble free. Runs google nav. Has just about everything my droid has except live wallpaper. A very worthwhile mod.

T2noob

Reaction score
I was told this by 4 Verizon reps from 3 stores! i was going in to see about upgrading to the Droid cause in my line of work Google Navigation will be awesome to have and they said, "Whats the point? You will have the 2.1 update by the 15th." I called BS on that one and went to the other two Verizon stores and they said the same thing so i think the time has FINALLY come
Yea not to bash on you but reps usually know stuff AFTER we do..so i highly doubt that it will be here on 13th.
I mean reps have been telling us that 2.1 would be coming sometime in january, and its now april...so take it as a grain of salt..nothing concrete.

Butthead007

Reaction score
I can assure you the reps know before you do. The 2.1 release has been delayed. Anyone who said it was coming in Jan is full of it. Verizon and HTC committed to q1 and never gave a specific date. It's coming. Store reps often do not know but call center reps usualy know more. Sorry.

Yea not to bash on you but reps usually know stuff AFTER we do..so i highly doubt that it will be here on 13th.
I mean reps have been telling us that 2.1 would be coming sometime in january, and its now april...so take it as a grain of salt..nothing concrete.

E

EvilWays

There will not be a udate for the Eris, there just going to kill it off and make the eris 2 already installed with the 2.1 firmware, its really called the "HTC INCREDIBLE" BUT IT'S the same phone concept, but yea no update, official release of phone will be Monday.

do more homework. the incredible is NOT an eris2. its actuall a Branded version of the nexus... i doubt they will have wasted developement time making a 2.1 build (which leaked and we KNOW it exists cause its on my girls eris right now) simply to not release it. just because they are killing off the phone doesnt mean htc will no longer support it. as for as the 13th goes... i say good luck. my girl is already enjoying 2.1 (with lwp btw)

ALSO why root?
Tethering
overclocking
lwp
custom roms
a clean android rom with no sense (if your into that kinda thing)

Correct me if im wrong on any of this, but i still have plenty of reasons to keep my girls rooted, the main one being not having to hear "baby can you turn your tether on?" cause she can do it herself now

T2noob

Reaction score

do more homework. the incredible is NOT an eris2. its actuall a Branded version of the nexus... i doubt they will have wasted developement time making a 2.1 build (which leaked and we KNOW it exists cause its on my girls eris right now) simply to not release it. just because they are killing off the phone doesnt mean htc will no longer support it. as for as the 13th goes... i say good luck. my girl is already enjoying 2.1 (with lwp btw)

ALSO why root?
Tethering
overclocking
lwp
custom roms
a clean android rom with no sense (if your into that kinda thing)

Correct me if im wrong on any of this, but i still have plenty of reasons to keep my girls rooted, the main one being not having to hear "baby can you turn your tether on?" cause she can do it herself now

Just to add to it...deleting stuff you don't want like Visual Voice mail.
Mail app if you don't use it, teeter, htclock screen and replace it with the one from the nexus...and when the source code is released for 2.1 over clocking and optimization to the source for a far better system, the possibilities are endless when we get the source code for 2.1 eris build.

droidgman

Reaction score
Well it's 2 oclock and no update sent to my phone I must not be one of the lucky thousand to get it on the 13th so I guess I'll wait till the 15th. If I get it earlier I'll be sure to post it.

droidgman

Reaction score
Since no one has come on and started a new thread saying they got the update I'm marking this up as another boy that cryed wolf story. But I hope I'm wrong.

oopslolz

Reaction score
ya'll postin in a troll thread

the update will be here when it gets here. root if you dont want to wait.