Why hack my phone?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by aproximation, Aug 14, 2011.

1. aproximation

aproximation New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking about hacking my phone; what are the advantages over standard at&t OS release? I'm not sure I want to risk bricking my phone just so I can say I did, you know what I mean?

Thanks for your advice!

Sent from my Desire HD using DroidForums

2. ghost56

ghost56 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hacking your phone /root allows third party apps and you can make your phone a free wifi hotspots for free plus there's no limits everything is open to your editing

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

3. aproximation

aproximation New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply!
    So does hacking the phone affect the OS speed or the 4G stuff (for better or worse)? Can I upgrade the OS after I hack it?

I ask because I jailbroke an iPhone, and it was a pain to upgrade/maintain it. Plus hacking it seemed to have fried the modem (or that's my guess as to why it got fried. So I'm a little gun-shy now.

Do you think its easier to hack and maintain a Droid then an iPhone?

4. ghost56

ghost56 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It is most definitely easier to maintaine/hack Droid more than a iPhone as far as my concern there isn't any updates that take a awatly this hacking ability plus it depends what you do to your phone to affect the speed simply rooting your phone will not affect speed of 4g but installing a Tom which requiress root could improve your speed or completely annhilate it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

5. painball64

painball64 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If u haven't read the rooting threads then ill say that rooting us a must if u want more speed than tock. The the GB roms out are amazing. OC the droid makes it fly. Check my thread in hacking help for (August root/unroot) for links on how to hack its very easy an almost impossible to break ur phone. Have fun

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

6. aproximation

aproximation New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Painball, could you post a link to your tutorial thread? I checked about another tutorial and downloaded a Rom manager, but got confused when the tutorial told me to pick a radio Rom. I thought a Rom was like a solid state Linux kernel, so why do I need two? Perhaps I'm confused. I'd like to root my phone and install a Rom that is faster, and perhaps let's me run newer versions of Android. (This last 2.3 from at&t is all messed up - apps won't open from some links bit will from others, etc)

Thanks everyone who has taken the time to post in this thread!

7. painball64

painball64 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  8. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    To the OP: If you are trying to hack a phone, please be specific as to which one you want to hack. This site caters to many different phone models on a few different carriers and the method for one does NOT work for another. Or maybe it is only I that is confused, your profile says HTC inspire 4g, your sig says desire hd and painball64 gave you info for the Motorola A855 Droid.

Thanx.

Search tags for this page

advantages of hacking my android phone

why did my ex hack my phone