why!! droid why!! arrg!!

BoDangle

Reaction score
I was about 5 words away from finishing a long, thought out very important "to me" message to a good friend. When the touch screen froze and a minute later the droid eye comes and everything I just typed was gone!

I wouldn't be so angry if it wasn't an inspired and philosophicaly deep message I'm not sure I could recreate.

serves me right for depending on unstable technology!!:icon_evil:

SGTiger

Reaction score
I was about 5 words away from finishing a long, thought out very important "to me" message to a good friend. When the touch screen froze and a minute later the droid eye comes and everything I just typed was gone!

I wouldn't be so angry if it wasn't an inspired and philosophicaly deep message I'm not sure I could recreate.

serves me right for depending on unstable technology!!:icon_evil:

LMAO at "unstable technology". I smell apples.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
make a droidforums account to put a blog?

OP
B

BoDangle

Reaction score
if it's not unstable then why would it freeze and reset? or do whatever it did.. this is my first "smart phone" so I'm not really sure what to expect..

DaddyUnit

Reaction score
And Quirky

My Droid X has been fairly stable (only locked up a half dozen or so times in the month I've had it). My biggest area of frustration is the OS which just seems very quirky and counter-intutive. The main menu screens won't re-render in landscape when "tipped"; the app screens will, but only in one direction. A third party app is needed to browse the file system. No "home" button on the browser. You can't type words that aren't in the dictionary (e.g. arrgh). Quotes are impossible to use (try typing 'Hello "World"' and it comes out 'Hello" World"'). The phone's audio quality, sending and receiving, is absolutely horrid. When you get done with a phone call the screen with the "hang up" button may or may not reappear...I mostly just have to wait until the other party disconnects and hope the call is dropped. Battery life is terrible (I have to charge twice a day). The vibrate on incoming call doesn't seem to want to work.

For a phone that's supposed to be the iPhone's first serious competition I expected a lot more. I suppose it's possible that all of this (except the abysmal phone audio quality) is fixable through software upgrades. Will they fix it though? Or will they just move on to the next big project?

On the up side, I like the big screen and the picture quality, and I like the apps.