Why don't my apps intall to SD card?

combat_chuck

Reaction score
So I've been running out of room while installing apps lately and thought this was just a glitch, but then when i was checking my phone storage i noticed that the apps have been installing to my phone's internal memory instead of the SD card. If this is normal thats really stupid and if it's not then how can i fix it? I used to have the DarkEdge theme installed (rooted obviously) and just installed the bugless beast version of 2.2 using the droidreview video on youtube. so i don't know if it's a problem with rooting my phone or what but if anyone can help that would be great.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Typically, the apps are stored in memory and not the SD card. I believe that Pete, developer of BB, included a function in the 2.2 releases that allows users the option of storing apps in memory (default) or SD card (optional). I do not recall where the setting is but check in the BB toolkit. You may be able to fine it on his download site under the change log section.

Mike

Xemnova

Reaction score
I saw a video so I know where to go. Basically go to settings and applications. Go to an application that you want to move and press it. This won't work for all applications at the moment but there are buttons that let you switch the app between SD card and phone memory. Hope this helps!

OP
C

combat_chuck

Reaction score
i was only able to move maybe 15% of my apps to the SD card, and theyre smaller once you move them? anyway, seems like a waste of a perfectly good SD card to me. Are there no apps that move them for you or something?

Xemnova

Reaction score
You could check but I think its supposed to be done manually. Plus its more for people who completely max out their internal memory with apps. It will become more useful as more applications support this feature as well.

brando56894

Reaction score
download an app from the market called app2sd (notice theres no 's' in app!!) and it will show you which apps can be moved to your sdcard. Since froyo has officially been released for the droid im sure more apps will include this functionality in future updated, give it time guys.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
First, you need to post it in bugless ... if a manual command to enable all apps to SD is in the ROM, you will be given info on how to enable. I'm sure there is.
For surrent market apps, it is up to each app developer to enable that functionality, and in 2.2 it will not show as a clickable option in manage applications until they modify their specific app.

j2thed

Reaction score
download an app from the market called app2sd (notice theres no 's' in app!!) and it will show you which apps can be moved to your sdcard. Since froyo has officially been released for the droid im sure more apps will include this functionality in future updated, give it time guys.

I have looked in the play store and found several. Apps for what u are talking about. But, when I try to download them, they say not compatble with your device or appear to be working properly but when I check my SD card there is nothing on it. SOMEBODY please help. I have read about rooting my phone but I am not all that computer savv SSO could somebody explain thy to me but n simple words so I can understand Thanks,