Why doesn't phone charge during navigation?

jodyberry

Reaction score
When I use my X for navigation and hooked to my car charger, it doesn't seem to charge as fast - or maybe not at all.

It was about 50% battery when I started my 90 minute navigation trip and when I unhooked it after the trip, it still had only 50%.

Is there some other setting I need to be aware of? I mean, when I charge it on my home charger, it would probably be almost full after 90 minutes on charge.

Thanks all...

Reaction score
When I use my X for navigation and hooked to my car charger, it doesn't seem to charge as fast - or maybe not at all.

It was about 50% battery when I started my 90 minute navigation trip and when I unhooked it after the trip, it still had only 50%.

Is there some other setting I need to be aware of? I mean, when I charge it on my home charger, it would probably be almost full after 90 minutes on charge.

Thanks all...

Because your phone is consuming too much energy. The screen is on, the gps is on, and 3g data is on. All full blast and in constant use. Navigation is the most energy using application of the phone. You simply consume as much power as you are getting from the charger.

tommyg562000

Reaction score
More likely is your phone is too hot. Running all that on top of being in the window of ur car creates a lot of heat and at certain temperatures the phone will no longer allow the battery to be charged for saftey reasons (ie so the battery doesn't blow up)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums